helmet

spionin

hi all,

i'm in the market for a new rock helmet, and am looking for something lightweight. advice/reviews would be greatly appreciated.

note: i'm considering the trango skull cap - anyone on here have one?

i've looked at the meteor iii, but it makes my head look like it's 2 feet tall, and i'm all about looking pretty while i send.

thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a tango skull cap and wouldn't really recommend it. It's nice and lightweight and comfortable, but on mine, the glue holding the suspension to the styrofoam came loose after only a couple uses. Maybe this is just an isolated occurrence, but I think there are others out there that I would go with at this point.

Been using the Camp Speed since the beginning of the season and it's really nice. So light I forget I'm wearing it sometimes. Durability seems good too as I've been pretty rough on it this year and it still looks and works great.

It's also rated as a ski helmet, which is nice as I don't have to lug my behemoth Carrera with me into the bc anymore.

thanks all for the input.

thanks, hemp, for the note on skull cap durability!

i'm replacing an 11-year-old half dome, which has a 2-inch crack. looking for an ultra-light partially b/c i travel for climbing a fair bit, and want an option of carrying a little less weight with me. not because i need convincing to wear a helmet in the first place.

the armour looks nice, but is 4+ oz heavier than meteor, skull cap, and especially the speed. that's about equal to an extra bd shorty screw, or both a green and a yellow alien that i could throw into my pack during the approach.