Hood this Saturday

dgjessee

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bring a really long rope and then it does not matter what the weather is. Just keep going upwards until you can not go up any further, then once you reach that spot check your GPS and any other fancy devices you have to make sure you are not just standing on some pillar, then start following that rope back down and you will always be able to get to where you started. Pretty fail safe in my opinion.

Just bring a really long rope and then it does not matter what the weather is. Pretty fail safe in my opinion.

Everybody has opinions and they are all worth what you pay for them. Here is mine. As a general rule, try not to climb up into a storm. Even more fail safe.

the most painful hood lesson i've learned is don't leave the p-lot in the midst of a driving rainstorm - musta poured a gallon of water out of each plastic boot up at silcox before bailing in a full-on hypothermic breakdown :)

that said, my favorite hood climb perhaps was a solo of luetholds in a winter gale - clear skies, but at least 60 mph winds the whole day - never done a hood climb 'cept that one where i wore an 8000 meter down parka from p-lot to summit, w/o a single stop of more than 30 seconds!