Kick Jack Kenoff?

gapertimmy

Since we have caught flack for kicking certain avatars recently, I thought I would empower the people on this one.

Obviously this dude is just out for trolling and quite possibly won't contribute anything of value to the site (ie his gay climbers post and erik sucks post)

So a simple Yes or No, should we kick him?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by barbarian:

I fully support anything Jack has to say. Do not censor those who wish to move this website forward!

I saw a quote once, "I disaprove of what you say, but to the death will defend your right to say it."

That said, I would also defend the moderator's right to steer the course this site might take in going "forward", as you say. If you need profanity, voulgarity, and sexual content to make your visit to a climbing BBS complete I would postulate that there might be other web sites which could more fully suit your needs.

Spray is fun, and I love the "Joke for the Hell of it" thread, but recent posts from Jack have used subject titles which certainly could be offensive to some. If the people who own and opperate this site want to control it's content I have no right to tell them in what way or if they can, and likewise neither do you.

Gimpy: this thread was obviously started because the moderators wanted our opinion about the content/nature of this site. Don't attack me for giving my two cents. Jack is clearly offensive, but if you're looking for it, most people on this site are. [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by barbarian:

Gimpy: this thread was obviously started because the moderators wanted our opinion about the content/nature of this site. Don't attack me for giving my two cents. Jack is clearly offensive, but if you're looking for it, most people on this site are.
[Roll Eyes]

No worries, I'm not attacking you or anyone else. My attempt at making a point was that I don't think the moderators need our opinion. While it would be a poor management decision to completely disregard the general desires of those who are using this site, those who put in the time and the dime to make this site work are the final say.

[ 04-29-2002, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: Gimpy ]

I personally don't think there is anything especially out of the ordinary posted by J.K. Someone is personalizing. We don't care that your gay Timmy, be proud of who you are young man.You Freshiez Queen you.Let the insults roll off you like.........well KY jelly in your palm [laf]