before u start bitch'n'bout beacon

ivan

sure it's a beautiful sunny day and you could be owning on the s side right now, but before the bitchfest begins, thought i might remind The Brethern, there is a side that didn't close, one that still even holds some adventure up high if'n you're willing to scare the holy shit out of yourself :)

go get it, eh?

Stone_Soup_Topo.jpg

stonesoup95.jpg

stonesoup81.jpg

stonesoup62.jpg

stonesoup31.jpg

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_20671.JPG

tourons3.jpg

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can hardly stand to look at this...

Untitled-1.jpg

the easter island death stack - love that thing - whoever trundles it deserves death! it's actually totally stable so long as you don't touch it...or sneeze near it...or look at it cross :P

pink, you ain't the first to bitch at me about the fa'ers - it was such a pain in the ass to draw that thing i haven't yet had the heart to do it again just to get it right :) at any rate, you need to actually climb the damn thing w/ me so i can understand where you boys actually were clambering around - lets make it a party at the moon-tower when you do - plenty of space on the swiss ledges

but this is what I had my heart set on! Oh well, Stone Soup looks rad, count me in one weekend.

Beacon_Rock_solo_003.JPG

pink's talking 'bout at least the first pitch of stone soup there steve - nice pic of the Dirty HO there though, can't believe you didn't want to get on it! :)

well the 1st pitch was just TR'd and thoroughly cleaned. the carpet was rolled. the whole base was a steep slope before i cleaned that whole face. and i'm thinkin i already did the 2nd pitch. from where your anchor is, did you choose the path of least resistance??? i know i did :) and i'm bettin u did too, but i'm wrong all the time :) the second pitch was called barney's bullet.

anyway :)

might wanna throw, larry harpe, marc farrah and myself on first ascent list mister :)
Better run that by JH, first, mista...

Why? He was not around in 98 when the gang was working that face. Larry harpe, Brad Jerrett and I top roped the first pitch. I have stood at the base a while ago to verify. Yep....he added bolts to a climb that has been done before. A big no no in the land of climbing.

Andrew cleaned and climbed the climb to the left and right of this "new" route.

Why? I got no fish in that kettle - tried to rap it once, but the PO was way, way too thick.
I'm just "stirrin the soup"... :poke: (Remembering the FA debate on Stone Rodeo).

Stay tuned for the next gripping episode of As the Bacon Churns...

Will Ivan finally become a real "clean" climber and lose his dependency from the evils of the fifi hook?

(Enter dramtic music here.) :rawk:

Will JH save us from ourselves?

Will Kenny ever find out who has his beloved cam?

Will someone finally make bird stew on Big Ledge?

What will Boner cry about this week? :cry:

Will DD jump off the Norseman?

Dun,da, duuuuunnnnn..... :rawk: Stay tuned and found out where the drama will end.

Well, he couldn't have added to many bolts if Kenny broke his tailbone on it! Doesn't the multipitch complete climb take prescedence over a single pitch top rope Kevbone? Hey, I hear you are top roping really well lately. ;) Like the first pitch of the PO Wall had been climbed before Bridwell did it, but I don't see anybody calling it anything but the PO Wall. Any bolts, pins, and other assorted fixed gear should be encouraged on that shitty chossy side of Beacon in my mind since most of us only end up climbing there in the winter in the rain and the wet.

Well, he couldn't have added to many bolts if Kenny broke his tailbone on it! Doesn't the multipitch complete climb take prescedence over a single pitch top rope Kevbone? Hey, I hear you are top roping really well lately. ;) Like the first pitch of the PO Wall had been climbed before Bridwell did it, but I don't see anybody calling it anything but the PO Wall. Any bolts, pins, and other assorted fixed gear should be encouraged on that shitty chossy side of Beacon in my mind since most of us only end up climbing there in the winter in the rain and the wet.

Please keep in mind I am not pissed at Ivan, but it is my job as "kevbone" to give him a friendly poke in the ribs.....