Mariners Hot Stove

prole

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Jose Lopez is gone. Opposing catchers will miss the cool breezes generated by his bat. Also, we got somebody named Erik Bedard. Yay? Sources at the winter meetings are reporting that Zurd is wandering around the convention in a beanie with a propeller on it looking for MLB schwag. That and ogling Ken Williams big black butt. Question: Does the Seattle Mariners Baseball Club actually exist? Call fucking Leonard Nimoy, maybe he can relaunch "In Search Of..." to find out. Apparently, the M's are looking to deal Aaardsmegma. Thats a bummer, because I always look forward to leaving the park 100%-deaf from his theme music whether or not he gets the save or not. The big news is that they'll be adding a fourth speedboat for the hydro race. That and the possibility of seeing a healthy Milton Bradley tased by Safeco Security during a game should keep Mariners fans packing the ballpark for the rest of Zurd's tenure. The speedboat is teal, by the way.

While wandering the winter meetings agog with a pinwheel and a bag of popcorn, Zurd managed to find what he was looking for. A first baseman? No, a company that's willing to produce a Milton Bradley bobble bubble-butt for 2011. The team should move to Las Vegas, keep the name "Mariners", and play in a ballpark shaped like a giant boat set in real water paid for by taxpayers. Safeco can then be used to house political prisoners and miscreants in the coming GOP administration. Poor Ichiro, I'd feel sorry for him having spent his whole Hall of Fame career here if I thought he gave two shits about it or anything else. He doesn't. He's still awesome though. The 1969 Seattle Pilots had a better record than last year's Mariners. Isn't that just fucking crazy? What does that even mean? Wouldn't it be cool if the Tacoma Rainiers played the Seattle Mariners in an exhibition game? No. It's a bummer about Niehaus though. He's in a better place now...literally. I am looking forward to Rick Rizz taking over more of the broadcasting duties though. He's the only one that can make a routine foul ball into the seats along the first base line sound like Bobby Thompson's shot-heard-round-the-world. WTF?

Gregg Zaun is what's known as a "seasoned veteran". As in beef jerky seasoned with novocaine. I've heard they based the Eastbound and Down character on Zaun, the difference is that Zaun is still playing: Link. This guy has "Mariners starting catcher" written all over him.

Edited by prole

Jeeesh Dave actually thought the M would contend lasy year....it was obvious from the start they would never get the run support. I am not excited about this move but I think its overall impact will be minimal and I have never been a big Moore fan. I can say that Olivo has or had a strong arm throwing to 2nd!

Go Ms!!!!!

Edited by Peter_Puget