Portland Rock Climbs Book-Updated 3rd Edition?

elliotay

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were 2 versions of the "third edition", I think.

The one pictured in your link was the first version of the "third edition - and isn't really available anymore.

The more recent version was updated to include Madrone, and include a couple pages on Ozone. However, I've heard that this second version of the "third addition" may also be sold out. I'd say your best bet is to call Climb Max and see what they have.

Note, the author has a website: www.portlandrockclimbs.com

(currently lists the third edition as sold out).

So, to help identify:

the one with the cover photo of the guy in blue pants leading Short Circuit @ Broughton with excessive orange webbing is version 3.1, and is out of date.

the one with the cover photo of the guy in the blue t-shirt and shorts leading Chain Mail @ Ozone is version 3.2, and is the most recent.

It's called the Far Side. That's what most of us call it. If anyone wants to call it something different, why not just go up and kick Jim in the nutz as I suspect he'd prefer that.

Chad, I just heard October. (I'm very embarrassed to admit that I'd totally forgot about the new version/book coming out) I suspect he'll have some real good new stuff in there too. Maybe Tim will get on with an update. You doing laps tonight? I need to gently work my shoulder.

It's called the Far Side. That's what most of us call it. If anyone wants to call it something different, why not just go up and kick Jim in the nutz as I suspect he'd prefer that.

You mean you call it the Far Side. There are a lot of folks who did not appreciate you coming in a changing the name. Lets not forget it lay there for 20 years untouched before 2006 when the first crew (in 20 years) started cleaning and route setting. Then you and Jim showed up later and changed the name. Jim will probably state he called the the far side years ago. I suspect his memory is about as good as me climbing 5.12 these days.

You mean you call it the Far Side. There are a lot of folks who did not appreciate you coming in a changing the name. Lets not forget it lay there for 20 years untouched before 2006 when the first crew (in 20 years) started cleaning and route setting. Then you and Jim showed up later and changed the name. Jim will probably state he called the the far side years ago. I suspect his memory is about as good as me climbing 5.12 these days.

Screw you Kevin. I didn't change the name, I'm supporting Jim when I call it The Far Side. Why you want to show such disrespect is beyond me. The name is The Far Side, that's what most people call it. That's what Jim calls it. Did he do something bad to you that you would treat him this way? If you caught him banging your mom, dog or chickens I'll change my tone, but your attitude, IMO, is bullshit.

so I suggested to Jim that the Free for All/Dods/Dastardly link-up which is up one single crack and perfect line be changed to FreeDD. Abreviating the above names down to one short one. I think he about had a stroke before he managed to say he didnt think it was such a good idea. I told him I was just yanking his chain.

Free double D sounds sweet, and soft...mmmmmmmmm double d's......mmmmmmm. Wish I been there for that TTS.

I've never understood the point of the FS thing when there is already one up at exit 32 or 38. The place was DZ so what was the impetus behind attempting to change that? It'll always be DZ to me anyway.

hey bill, trundle buddy joseph seems to think it's drop zone (DZ) too. i'll be surprised if jim will be able to walk by the end of the day with as many kicks too the nuts he has had today.