For or Against route conditions...

Lambone

gotta agree with both kfeck and dru, though i usually don't like to agree with kfeck. the hordes exist and the more dispersed they are, the better. keeping projects or new areas under wraps is just part of the game---if you don't like going to the same shithole every weekend, buy a map, a tank of gas, a box of beer, and do some some exploring.

lambone,while i haven't ice climbed in montana yet (done some rock and alpine rock), attitudes there seem to be changing a little: witness the 2nd addition of the Big Sky Ice and the Alpine Ice and Rock books (of course the author is a guide partially/mostly trying to make a buck) and the montanaice.com website.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by rat:
gotta agree with both kfeck and dru, though i usually don't like to agree with kfeck. the hordes exist and the more dispersed they are, the better. keeping projects or new areas under wraps is just part of the game---if you don't like going to the same shithole every weekend, buy a map, a tank of gas, a box of beer, and do some some exploring.

lambone,while i haven't ice climbed in montana yet (done some rock and alpine rock), attitudes there seem to be changing a little: witness the 2nd addition of the Big Sky Ice and the Alpine Ice and Rock books (of course the author is a guide partially/mostly trying to make a buck) and the montanaice.com website.

Ron is a total freak. "Look Gerwald, fiwst ascent of da Wobbit Hole!!!" You'd have to meet him I guess...

yea, the guy spells worse than kfeck (sorry, dude) and you'd probably spend an unnecessary night out or lose a bunch of gear if you followed his descent directions for north trapper peak. best to take all his, and any guidebook's, info with a large grain of salt and a shot of tequila.

Ohhh boooyyy, I could go off on Ron all day, its just sooo easy..."Yup, en den Gerwald saw da beawr and had to pwedawl sooo hward to savwe his lwittle wife..." Oh man, he just cracks me up...sure helped kill the time on some approaches though. Poor guy...I love his little letter about himself on the back of the guide. Can't blame him though, he's never been outa Montana.

Oh and rat, you know whats up bro - Cody is the shit...spent some good schwily nights in the deer creek campground. Ahhh...back in the good old days!