Twist leash?

robpatterson5

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

strange leash for a venom. The twist leash is best suited for water ice tools where you hardly ever grab the head of the tool. (insert beavis & butthead laughter)

switching from the hand on the lower shaft to head would need to have the strap around the shaft slide up as well. It would prolly catch and become frustrating. Just my opinion though.....

+ what gene said.

twight's endorsement is ten plus years old. there are much easier to use leashes these days.

had a pair, hated them.

what kind of climbing are you planning on doing with them? the venom isn't a good performer on terrain where it's steep enough to need that kind of supportive leash anyways...

Really just alpine ice in the Canadian Rockies.

I had a simple twist leash on my Raven (just a piece of webbing) and really liked it. Routes like the Kain Face; Athabaska n face; ski trips; peakbagging on the icefields and closer to home.

I usually either take my 60 or 50cm Venom depending on the route. I was looking for something more less fiddly to get out of then the stock leash though, but more supportive then my tied webbing version from my Raven. I also use the Venom's as a loaner set on easy WI

For most stuff (incl AI) I like to go leashless but the Venoms are a bit hard to adapt to that - although last night I saw that Grivel has a new slider which might work well.

So anyways that was my thinking - I'm still a little tempted by the twist leash, or just getting the BD simple leash

Can you post a link to that new slider you're talking about? I'm looking for a third tool with an adze to carry on long routes (my two normal tools are Vipers with hammers) and I'm thinking about an Aztarex. It's the perfect combo of lightweight, good shopping, good plunging, and with the sliding pinky rest, it could even climb in a pinch.

• 2 weeks later...