Best ski approah/route to Mt. Logan (WA)

JoshK

Now that SR20 is open, a plethora of approachs to the mighty Mt. Logan are available. I've wanted to ski this thing for years. Last time I tried I went up to Easy Pass but the Fisher Creek valley was sadly devoid of snow. Maybe I just caught it too late in a bad year or something. It's a long way from every direction but I'm trying to minimize time spent in the skis-on-back Mr. Roboto hiking mode. What route/approach would people guess would be best in the next 2 weeks or so?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

easy pass, silent lakes, fisher pass, douglas glacier. return via fisher creek to easy pass. gives good lines off logan and pk 2411 to the valley bottom. it might not be as good as what the banded glacier posse found, but there is a helluva lot less walking. we only walked a relatively short ways on the return to easy pass.

another high route alternative might be via cascade pass/park creek pass.

I don't understand your fixation with minimizing the time or mileage you spend with skis on the pack. It is easier to hike on dry ground than to ski.

Maybe I've been doing it wrong, but I always found skiing was more fun with the stick thingies on my feet, not my back.