urgent attention by 2/4 to save valley climibing!

sparkytheflash

i don't know if people have already posted about this and maybe it old news but it's important enough to warrent repeating. it has been brought to my attention that despite the National Park Services efforts to continue with the current merced river plan, they are going to be forced to restrict access to yosemite national park by 2012 due to a very costly lawsuit brought by certain special interest groups. i am told that the climbing community will have opportunities to make their voices heard in an effort to keep us and our campsites from being eliminated through the revision of the merced river plan that the nps must developed. one of those opportunities has come and is almost past. if you have been to yosemite to visit you are familiar with its beauty. if you have been fortunate to climb there you know how unique the climbing is. if you have not yet climbed there then if you would like to preserve future opportunities to climb there we need yours and everyone else's help to make our voice heard. please go by feb. 4th to the attached link and submit a copy of the form letter that is already written up for your convenience to the nps so they can be aware of the large community of park users that will be affected. if you have already submitted a copy of this letter with your name attached to it, thank you very much. lets show the nps how unified and concerned we are about our future ability to use this special place. thank you very much for taking the time to read this and submit your letter. i hope to see you all soon out at the crag or perhaps in yosemite valley itself.

dave

http://www.accessfund.org/site/c.tmL5KhNWLrH/b.5001177/k.59C5/Action_Alert_Archive/apps/nl/newsletter2.asp

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic