What may have happened on Hood?

jlawrence10

First of all, condolences to everyone involved and all friends and family of the lost climbers. I can't even imagine how hard that must be.

Is it inappropriate to speculate on what may have taken place up there to lead to this tragedy? If it were me, I would want people to learn from whatever accident may have happened, as well as collaborate to try to figure out what may have happened, and where I may be or may have ended up.

If this is too soon, or inappropriate, please let me know, or close down the thread. I could picture a time where the combined knowledge in a forum like this one might lead to some sort of help up on the mountain.

Apologies if this is in any way hurtful or inconsiderate...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

shit happens. the end.

this is still real, not totally over yet. Why be so harsh and abrupt about it?

I don't know what happened, and cobra is more or less right... but there is no need to put it that harshly IMO... bad things can happen especially on a mountain that gets so much traffic. Just like car crashes happen to good drivers, if that makes sense....

Edited by marc_leclerc

I've been trying to piece this together, too. Some pertinent info is yet to come out; I think it will be more valuable to try to sort it out after a bit more time passes, both out of respect to those still involved, and because we don't have all the info yet.

For now, keep sending everyone involved some good energy- there are still people putting their lives on the line down there.