CAMP ice screws

phil_tatman

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can i ask is this empirically true based on lots of failure or a personal opinion -- i mean I can find sources of every gear manufacturer having a problem with this piece or that piece at some point-can you provide some specific information to back your statement? not being defensive would just like to get your 2cents I generally find I like what camp offers

Looks sweet to me, just barely heavier than a BD express but with the sling you can eliminate 1 beaner which makes it lighter

the pivoting hanger means you don't have to clear the ice on the final turn. Sweet, that will save time.

Would have to try one to know for sure. The longer handle may mean more clearing time in close quarters.

"In truth, $75 is a bargain for a screw like the Radion whose manufacturing was only possible after three continuous years of research and development."

Oh wait, that's from CAMPs website.

Looks cool to me, they get around the need to have a folding or collapsing lever that doesn't interfere with your biner hole by adding a permanently attached rotating sling. Could be cool, maybe I'll get my hands on one in a year or two when they are on closeout somewhere for $40.

i was up at mt.washington and found one at the base of the climb in a few inches of snow near the start of pinnacle, guess someone dropped it... Looked like it was in excellent condition had some ice in the tube still.... i tested it out a little on the ground placing it and pulling on it, seems like a good idea but it was fracturing the ice a little because of how the sling pulled out and down when placed downward like a bd screw. I guess these are to be placed straight in instead of a slight angle?

Gave the screw to the people at the notch to return if the owner ever stopped by again. Shoulda kept it since im in need of building my rack back up but figured karma would bite me in the a$$ later on down the road.