The Circus Comes to Exit 32

Skisports

This reminds me of one time I soloed Neat and Cool at the Smoke Bluffs... this guy taking a group out (at 7:30 AM) saw me as he was walking by then waited on the trail for me to do the walk off and come back for my shoes and stuff. When he saw me he bitched at me for soloing (something about the route being too serious to responsibly solo... aren't all routes serious to solo?) because all the n00bs would see me and try it too and die. I don't imagine n00bs doing that.. and if they did then they are retarded and shouldnt be climbing.. I was so fucking pissed at this fat douche freaking at me for soloing I waited 15 minutes until he was showing them what the gear was for (not a guide btw) and I walked up and soloed Kangaroo Corner right behind that tard...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree you had a right to be angry. I think the folks with the guide should have been offended as well. He spoke as if individuals don't have the ability to decide for themselves what is safe.

Furthermore, simple (or in my case, maniacal)fear keeps most people from simply climbing up a rock unaided.

Thanks.. I agree. But he WASNT a guide..... so I was rather offended

funny thing is Sonnie Trotter was getting some people together for a course and I asked if it was okay with him If I did some climbing there (with rock shoes a chalk bag and no partner.. obvious) and he said it wouldn't be a problem and said 'nice work btw' when I was leaving... and he is a guide...

Edited by marc_leclerc

Matt Warfield you’re trying to bring intelligent option to a bunch of CC sprayers with like thousands of posts, that take their blog lesions from Glen Beck ..ie: take unrelated topics and somehow join them into a conspiracy theory, somehow they think if they don’t get crotchety and loudly demonstrate there minority option outerspace and the planet will be grid bolted.

Dear Dick,

The connection here is that pounding in a bong and drilling a hole in rock both create permanent damage.

Even though a "route is created for all" with bolts, it is not the end of all technological progressions in rock climbing. To bolt everything that can be bolted is no less selfish than the guy with the bongs. Bolts will be to the next generation what bongs are to us. And our "shiny litter" will be everywhere while the bong scars will fade.

You're welcome.

while the bong scars will fade.

i know a few people whose bong scars will never fade...

:cry: That is so sad. I know a few too many. Here we are at fifty and they are still suckin down a bong first thing in the morning.

the guys i know are in their 30's who cant hold a job...which is a bummer cuz they are quite capable peeps

i dont know though man...we might have new market here...give them another 20 years and trade in the magic brownies for magic metamucil??

Matt Warfield you’re trying to bring intelligent option to a bunch of CC sprayers with like thousands of posts, that take their blog lesions from Glen Beck ..ie: take unrelated topics and somehow join them into a conspiracy theory, somehow they think if they don’t get crotchety and loudly demonstrate there minority option outerspace and the planet will be grid bolted.

Dear Dick,

The connection here is that pounding in a bong and drilling a hole in rock both create permanent damage.

Even though a "route is created for all" with bolts, it is not the end of all technological progressions in rock climbing. To bolt everything that can be bolted is no less selfish than the guy with the bongs. Bolts will be to the next generation what bongs are to us. And our "shiny litter" will be everywhere while the bong scars will fade.

You're welcome.

bong scars fade?!? :lmao: :lmao: you got some kind of cool rock no one knows about???? bawahahahahaha that is funny, keith....

Dear Dick,

You're welcome.

bong scars fade?!? :lmao: :lmao: you got some kind of cool rock no one knows about???? bawahahahahaha that is funny, keith....

They don't shine like bolts do.

And stop trying to change the subject with objective stuff..