Let the love-fest begin!!!!!

Peter_Puget

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For you little people who have never had the Diamond Club seats...they come to you and take your order for drinks and food...then bring it out to you...all included in the price of the ticket. Also the Mariners cheerleaders give you massages and the leather recliners are very comfy.

I'll be having Courvoisier, thanks.

2009865925.jpg

Ichiro is the greatest player in the history of the franchise and a Mariner for life. He should be getting all the props here. KGJ is in the death spiral phase of a "could've been"-type career. Yeah, it's a carefully managed corporate feel good ending to a not so pretty story. I'll be looking forward to Suzuki's 3000th rather than Mariners press releases designed to draw nostalgia tripping butts to seats. If Jr. had been productive (he was relatively healthy after all) and added real value (as opposed to marketing value) to this team, I'd be singing a different tune.

2009865925.jpg

Ichiro is the greatest player in the history of the franchise and a Mariner for life. He should be getting all the props here. KGJ is in the death spiral phase of a "could've been"-type career. Yeah, it's a carefully managed corporate feel good ending to a not so pretty story. I'll be looking forward to Suzuki's 3000th rather than Mariners press releases designed to draw nostalgia tripping butts to seats. If Jr. had been productive (he was relatively healthy after all) and added real value (as opposed to marketing value) to this team, I'd be singing a different tune.

You are always such a killjoy. Lame.

Speaking of spring:

The Mariners will open their 2010 season in Oakland against the A's on April 5, then play the A's in their home opener at Safeco Field on April 12.

The Tigers and Orioles will also be at Safeco in the initial homestand of 2010, according to the schedule released today by major league baseball.

In interleague play, the Mariners will face teams from the National League Central, in additional to their annual home-and-home series with San Diego. The Cincinnati Reds come to Safeco on June 18-20, followed by the Chicago Cubs on June 22-24.

The New York Yankees come to Safeco just one time, for a four-game series, July 8-11. The Boston Red Sox make two appearances — four games from July 22-25, and a three-game set from Sept. 13-15.

The Mariners will finish their regular season with four against the A's at Safeco from Sept. 30 to Oct. 3.

come now...true Jr. is past his prime...but i remember some amazing seasons back in the kingdome. 1995 was awesome.

pg2_ap_griffey_300.jpg

i won't be going to the game to see just Jr, but to catch one more game of baseball with my son before next spring.

Dang, trotting out this perennial photo of the past is the only thing the club can do? Lame. I wonder how many times a day Ichiro wishes he was on a real team.

I agree that this team hovering around .500 is better than anyone had dreamed and a step in the right direction. Bavasi's fuck-ups are being addressed, contracts expiring, etc. I like where things are going. That being said, bringing KGJ back was a marketing stunt to sell t-shirts that doesn't pass a smell-test as far as "putting the best team on the field" is concerned and that the "Safeco fan experience" leaves something to be desired is an understatement. Where's the goddamn organ?