arrest in cambridge

Gary_Yngve

You come up with some weird stuff, Akha. The professor clearly did not ask for any of this . All those who are making such a big issue of this are acting on their own agenda: the news media who like a sensational story picked up on one line of a five minute answer to a question that one of their members asked to kick this thing off and people like our friends BillCoe, Bug and Ponderosa argue that the bottom line here is that the President should simply not comment on these issues.

If anybody is to blame here, it is (gasp) THE POLICE OFFICER. There is no way any of you libertarians, cynical liberals, or gun nuts around here would ever justify your having been arrested for mouthing off to a police officer inside your own home. NO way ever. But when it is President Obama who has the nerve to comment on this: an outrage.

He has acknowledged that it was a mistake to use the word "stupid" but so far I have yet to see anyone here who is critical of his remarks indicate they listed to the entire answer he provided and that they actually disagree with the message he was clearly trying to convey: he was not and did not suggest judging the police officer for that action, it is wrong (yest stupid) to arrest somebody for being unruly in their own home, and (oh my f'ing god) there is racism in America.

You're an equivocating dumbshit w/o the requisite cognitive ability to make distinctions of position in those with who you disagree.

You parsing anything would be akin to a monkey mixing alphabet wood blocks with his latest steaming pile.

WOW! Someone got out the Roget's! :shock:

Care to find out the statute for me? Or would you rather just masturbate on your thesaurus?

Coming up next on "When Faux-Libertarians Can't Figure Out Who is Talking to Whom":...

WTF?

Hey, Kevbone got a hold of Alkyteke's password!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

' Meanwhile , a black Cambridge police sergeant on the scene the day of Gates' arrest wrote a letter to Crowley, asking him to mention to Gates and Obama that he is now known as the "black sergeant" and to some others as an "uncle Tom."

"I'm forced to ponder the notion that as a result of speaking the truth and coming to the defense of a friend and colleague, who just happens to be white, that I have somehow betrayed my heritage," Sgt. Leon Lashley wrote. "Please convey my concerns to the president that Mr. Gates' actions may have caused grave and potentially irreparable harm to the struggle for racial harmony in this country and perhaps throughout the world."

Lashley wrote in the letter he would like Gates to reflect on the incident and ask himself what responsibility he bears, what he can do to heal the rift and what he can do to mitigate the damage done to the officers' reputations.' from CNN

' Meanwhile , a black Cambridge police sergeant on the scene the day of Gates' arrest wrote a letter to Crowley, asking him to mention to Gates and Obama that he is now known as the "black sergeant" and to some others as an "uncle Tom."

"I'm forced to ponder the notion that as a result of speaking the truth and coming to the defense of a friend and colleague, who just happens to be white, that I have somehow betrayed my heritage," Sgt. Leon Lashley wrote. "Please convey my concerns to the president that Mr. Gates' actions may have caused grave and potentially irreparable harm to the struggle for racial harmony in this country and perhaps throughout the world."

Lashley wrote in the letter he would like Gates to reflect on the incident and ask himself what responsibility he bears, what he can do to heal the rift and what he can do to mitigate the damage done to the officers' reputations.' from CNN

:laf::argue: