The Grand Wall

It's been a while since i've been on it. Do i need aiders for the AO or can i yard on draws? Are the Roman Chimneys still wet? What's the best first few approach pitches besides Cruel Shoes?

Cheers to the three man team and unexpected bivy on Stewart... hard man points i hope i never get!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Draws or runners are fine for the bolt ladder. Apart from Cruel Shoes you can do Apron strings to merci me, or you can also do some pitches on the peasant's route or Exasperator if you get creative with pendulums. You might still end up on part of Cruel shoes though. Can't help you on the Roman Chimneys, as those are beyond me, but another nice finish would be the last 4 pitches on Millenium Falcon off Bellygood Ledge.

Hey there Bobby.

I think that the chimneys may be dry enough to climb by now. Its been pretty dry and unless you plan on doing the 5.12 corner you should be OK by doing the 10d sketchy(not that bad really). All the other stuff will be dry. Super awsome finish to the Grand Wall!

Another option is to finish on the retro-bolted/cleaned Upper Black Dyke.