• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
zekeo

Too wet to climb today?

I was hoping to make it to exit 38 today. I've been climbing outside half a dozen times or so and have been lucky enough for the weather to cooperate every time. I don't have enough experience to judge these things yet. It looks like it rained overnight and there is around a 30% chance of rain today. Would you go out and climb on a day like today? Are there any spots at exit 38 in the 5.9-5.10b range that tend to stay a bit drier/dry out faster?

Thanks for any input you have!

Edited by zekeo

Personally, I would not go today. But, that's no reason you shouldn't! Why not just go and check it out? You never know until you go. Worst case? You make the drive for nothing. At least you'll get out and you can always walk around and scope out climbs for your ticklist. You'll learn more about yourself and how much rain you're willing to tolerate, etc. and that's how you gain experience.

Edited by rob

Was at the Far Side this morning. Most routes are at least partially wet, including ones that typically dry quickly. A few are dry, but is it worth the drive for those? That's up to you.

it's never too wet to aid climb!

Ah, yes... daisies, aiders, hooks, pins, hammer, and the rest of the monstrous volume of gear make for great rainy day climbing!

Thanks for the input. I ended up climbing in the gym. I hadn't been since I started climbing outside. It was ok, but not as close as fun. I'm ruined on inside climbing I think :).

Thanks for the input. I ended up climbing in the gym. I hadn't been since I started climbing outside. It was ok, but not as close as fun. I'm ruined on inside climbing I think :).

That happens... Good to hear you ruined yourself for plastic - just isn't the same is it? Can't do the same moves and you never have the challenge of the elements coming at you. Good on ya :tup:

:brew:

Cheers