[TR] B-Tons - Hanging Tree III A2, Superstition III C1 5/1/2009

ivan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys think you would hit anything if the shitty kb after the 8 drilled hooks blew?

Alex

definitely, you'd go bouncing off the scoop (a very strange feature, made so much more fascinating by the miniscule crack that runs through, tapering into the tiniest of rurp-fractures where it resumes the vertical) and swinging out into overhanging space!

that sounds nice n' ominious :)

got a good patch of poison oak working on my legs at the moment - looking forward to rooting out the muji route, but if i get into the oak worse, i might have to destroy myself :P

so, only 2 placements up i realized the deriviation of this gross dedication to the deviant - after hammering in a big-beak and stretching to a decent, web-shrouded #3, i looked at myself - already i looked like this asshole...

111terrorist.jpg

grossly spectacular - like a bitch so bigaround a hulu-hoop couldn't encompass her - already we'd endured a hateful hike past the bat wall, where the trail dwindles and dankens - nettles choking the path - my brushbroom more used as a shit-scyth then a staff - we hacked in a stance at the base - the crag is aptly named: jungle cliff - choked w/ stinging nettles, blackberry, poison oak - you can't traverse its base for most of it length - still, a stark and imposing wall, the most intimidating at broughtons by far - multipitch - the upper left of the wall massively overhangs and looms

but the wall, especially the far right where muji is, is stupid dirty - scales of powderbrown, in fantastic rime formations

dirt15.jpg

i tried to care - maybe it was the extorted promise to be home early and the noonish arrival after warming up on the red wall? - all rigged up and off - after getting to the #3 i cleaned as well i could - already i was deeply gandified - touching the wall, cascades of dust poured off like minature avalanches on a hot day - looking even, i noticed my gaint cam had become invisible, shrouded in skank - above, ripples of mud and all the nailing you could wave a hammer at, but even the overhangs dirty, dirty, dirty - i failed to care - i'm gonna have to want it a lot more than today wayne! holy shit this route is butt nasty! i've never failed on a route b/c of my latent-racism in the face of arabization :) how's amazon man, it looked a tad cleaner?

so, only 2 placements up i realized the deriviation of this gross dedication to the deviant - after hammering in a big-beak and stretching to a decent, web-shrouded #3, i looked at myself - already i looked like this asshole...

111terrorist.jpg

grossly spectacular - like a bitch so bigaround a hulu-hoop couldn't encompass her - already we'd endured a hateful hike past the bat wall, where the trail dwindles and dankens - nettles choking the path - my brushbroom more used as a shit-scyth then a staff - we hacked in a stance at the base - the crag is aptly named: jungle cliff - choked w/ stinging nettles, blackberry, poison oak - you can't traverse its base for most of it length - still, a stark and imposing wall, the most intimidating at broughtons by far - multipitch - the upper left of the wall massively overhangs and looms

but the wall, especially the far right where muji is, is stupid dirty - scales of powderbrown, in fantastic rime formations

dirt15.jpg

i tried to care - maybe it was the extorted promise to be home early and the noonish arrival after warming up on the red wall? - all rigged up and off - after getting to the #3 i cleaned as well i could - already i was deeply gandified - touching the wall, cascades of dust poured off like minature avalanches on a hot day - looking even, i noticed my gaint cam had become invisible, shrouded in skank - above, ripples of mud and all the nailing you could wave a hammer at, but even the overhangs dirty, dirty, dirty - i failed to care - i'm gonna have to want it a lot more than today wayne! holy shit this route is butt nasty! i've never failed on a route b/c of my latent-racism in the face of arabization :) how's amazon man, it looked a tad cleaner?

Holy Shite! Did the literary bar just get raised again? LOL! GREAT SHIT!

Bow.jpg

PS they don't deduct for spell checking.:-)

awesome. filthy awesome.

who would've guessed that you'd actually for for it? :)

good on ya for heading out there.

probably takes a serious devotion & love of dirt to commit to a line like that.

so, did you end up with any poison oak? if it's possible to get out there without experiencing that pestilence, I might head out that direction soon.

too early to say on the oak - i usually don't know how bad it'll be till a day or 2 - i took a shitload of benadyrl last night as i think maybe it helps prevent the cascade of crap that comes w/ a badcase? (and taking steroids makes me an angry camper) - it's hard to say what % of the jungle is oak, but i'd assume at least some of it is - wearing long pants when heading back there is highly recommended (advice whihc i myself failed to take and have the thousand nettle-burns to show for it), as is bringing some sorta tool to beat it all down w/ - the bit of effort just the 2 of us put in significantly improved the last part of the trail, but the wall itself would take an hour or so to get beat down good enough to let you walk along the base

in general, the berlin wall and the jungle cliff are very cool places, but requiring a distinct breed to take advantage of (good lord, the berlin wall routes are ragingly overhung and all in .12-3 range i think)

so..um...it occured to me y-day - dude, i don't even have a bat hook - confused bathooks w/ my talon - duh

do they still make bathooks? i've never seen one. bathook holes would be just the ticket for finishing beacon's "crack to nowhere" w/o pissing off the native unduly! :)