Beacon closure ends when?

triggerhappy

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

trigger, I'm doing the monitoring and yes there is a very health looking pair either nesting or in the process of nesting there somewhere.

Backing up 40 days from the typical end of June openings we've been enjoying would, ball-park, put egg-hatching around May 16th. Back up 35 days from that and egg-laying would be about five days ago from today. My guess is they're probably either on a scrape with eggs or will be within days - but probably already are. The new ranger Ben saw the upper-picnic area Osprey mating last weekend and I need to ask Dave Anderson, the WDFW Raptor biologist, where Osprey mating falls relative to the Peregrines. Because the Osprey are migratory and I've been seening them work on nests as recently as last Sunday I suspect they mate and lay eggs later than our Beacon-resident Peregrine pair.

So far nothing has given me any expectations of the closure being lifted earlier than the point chicks have been flying for a week or so. I've been watching a spot high on the right edge of the East Face tower above the parking lot which was where the Peregrines spent most of there time last summer and fall. But last year the Ravens unexplicably abandoned the East Face for nesting. This year one of them has been consistently coming and going from the exact spot I was really hoping the Peregrines would be nesting. My guess is that in a showdown for nesting sights the Raven's probably always win as they are just too damn smart and work in pairs or groups for what they want. I will definitely post up if I do see anything that would indicate the possibility of a significantly earlier opening than either the recent late June ones or the official on on July 15th.

Kevin, stop being a complete dick on topic - in the end your posts are pretty damn counterproductive relative to actually trying to do anything about ending the closure when non-locals find such posts here. Or is it the case you actually just love the closure so you can endlessly bitch and spew? Hey, I've been working steady on lifting the closure for the past five years now, have a bunch of time and money invested explicitly towards that end, and you could at least pitch in by not being a bitch about it.

LOL! As soon as I saw your avatar, but before I'd read word one, I was going to preemptively say something for Kevin and then I get to the last paragraph about Kev! :lmao:

Saw it coming:-) However, there is an interesting symbiosis between the 2 of you, I've noticed that most people do not respond to a classic Kevbone troll, but you do. Everytime, all the time, without fail!

You have a lot time time in out there JH. I'd like to come out and spend some time with a lawnchair (still limping severely:-() out there this weekend with you if you could use me at all in any way, when will you be there: let so-ordinate -IF you can use me at all.

ps, think I saw 2 Bald Eagles through the trees last weekend, but they could have been Osprey.

Triggerhappy (why "triggerhappy btw?) -July.

Edited by billcoe

The falcons nesting is irrelevant. There were multiple years where the birds did not nest. Did the rock open? NO. There for one could extrapolate that the nesting of the birds is irrelevant. If the birds nest, the rock will close. If the birds don’t nest the rock will close. This is not a troll. It is the truth.

Again - and aside from the fact your statement above is completely and utterly untrue - all your posts in this regard are unhelpful; just keep it to yourself. I'm doing everything humanly possible to lift the closure and your posts simply aren't helping those efforts. But, what the fuck - if your need to bitch is just that much more important to you then, hell, have at it dude...

LOL! As soon as I saw your avatar, but before I'd read word one, I was going to preemptively say something for Kevin and then I get to the last paragraph about Kev! :lmao:

Saw it coming:-) However, there is an interesting symbiosis between the 2 of you, I've noticed that most people do not respond to a classic Kevbone troll, but you do. Everytime, all the time, without fail!

You have a lot time time in out there JH. I'd like to come out and spend some time with a lawnchair (still limping severely:-() out there this weekend with you if you could use me at all in any way, when will you be there: let so-ordinate -IF you can use me at all.

ps, think I saw 2 Bald Eagles through the trees last weekend, but they could have been Osprey.

Triggerhappy (why "triggerhappy btw?) -July.

cause he's got an itchy trigger finger....