Oregon High by Jeff Thomas

Frikadeller

So I was shopping for this book to give as a gift to a climbing friend, and thought that I would try Amazon...

Wtf!!

Available from these sellers.

1 new from $147.26 11 used from $50.00

$147.26!!!!!! Holy shit, I bough the book a few years back for $12.95....

Maybe I should sell it!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, doesnt seem right, I will look into this

He did a big reprint 8-10 yrs or so ago, so he could be out of copies by now. There was an update to it in the works, but he never pushed it through. Too bad he didnt because it was going to have some neat history stuff in it .

I hate to trumpet about possible new books as a result,,, but ....

there is in the works a new book on just mt Hood , authored by one of cc's own. Lord knows the market is ripe for it.

Edited by wayne1112

Hmm, doesnt seem right, I will look into this

He did a big reprint 8-10 yrs or so ago, so he could be out of copies by now. There was an update to it in the works, but he never pushed it through. Too bad he didnt because it was going to have some neat history stuff in it .

I hate to trumpet about possible new books as a result,,, but ....

there is in the works a new book on just mt Hood , authored by one of cc's own. Lord knows the market is ripe for it.

That's what I thought. Speaking of Mt. Hood history, I picked up this at Powells a few years ago. This guy has it all in his book! I have fun pointing out stuff from that book when we are in the area.

A new book on Hood? Hmmm... That would be cool. I would buy it.

But I am not going to pay $150 for "Oregon High"... :crosseye:

Jeff Thomas works in the Mazamas Archives, so if you call on a Monday or Thursday you can talk to him yourself.

The Mazamas used gear sale is happening tomorrow & there are 2 signed copies of Oregon High there for $20 each.

I missed the sale, but just for shits and giggles, "if" I bought those two signed copies, how much would they "net" me on Amazon?

Not that I care or would capitalize on such a thing.... But really $150???!??!?

Use "bookfinder.com" search feature and about 36 or so will show up A lot of them are duplicates as Bookfinder searches many book

dealer sites, and sellers might be on more than one site - The

prices start at $49.99 up past $200.00 - Boggles the mind, and if I had known this I would have had Jeff sign a bunch for me.