Mid Week at the Mounties Gym???

CollinWoods

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm super close by in Lake City and always up for some messing around down at Magnussen.

Matt, I've been there once before and it's actually pretty fun.

They've really got it set up for beginners to learn with lots of neat features. The structure climbs surprisingly well and has no holds just pseudo-natural texture. Definitely worth checking out.

Shoot me a pm Collin if ya still need the occasional partner.

Hello all. I will be up there with my haedlamp at about 5 and might boulder untill 7 or 8pm. I will bring my rope and othere gear but since i lent out my quick draws and anchors i wont be able to lead but i am willing to belay. Anyone else thinking about showing up?

You are right, Mr. Pimp. It is pretty cool. I spent almost an hour there before it got dark and started raining. Sadly, Collin never showed up. I was gunning for one of those big climbs on the twin towers but the sign said "no bouldering over the twelve foot limit."

Im really sorry mattp i was writing in my pms and sorta lost track of what i was writting here. I will be up on Wednesday if you are still interested give me a shout. Sorry all i meant WEDNESDAY and sorry again mattp. I will bring my rope but like i said i will have not draws.

You are right, Mr. Pimp. It is pretty cool. I spent almost an hour there before it got dark and started raining. Sadly, Collin never showed up. I was gunning for one of those big climbs on the twin towers but the sign said "no bouldering over the twelve foot limit."

Any hot Mountaineer babes there? Shorts-over-polypro is so hot!!!

I met Collin at Magnuson Park tonight and I'm looking forward to seeing him down there again. I'll see you there, Collin, right? Maybe next time we can climb one of the big towers!

Magnuson Park is great but we turn the clocks back next week and daylight is getting longer so I bet we can resume past groups for North Bend or Index after work in the Spring -- I'm coming off almost an entire year of sitting on the couch and I need some regular rock time and (for me) the gym just doesn't hold much interest. I told Collin: let's take it to North Bend or Index!

Collin is a go. Who else?

You know something folks? You are all very fortunate that you have these free outdoor facilities like Marymoor Rock, Spire Rock, UW Rock and Mountie Wall. They just don't exist at all here in California. We like to sue too much down here to allow any such facility to become a reality. :wave: