Abe and Charlie

Jim

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For someone who consistently spouts historical factoids you appear significantly ignorant of the larger issues involved in watershed events. To simplify the civil war as a war of choice - yet in stark contrast, back the frat boy war in the middle east - either indicates your lack of perception or an innate ability to substitute complex issues with rhetoric.

I suggest you widen your historical reading list - I can suggest a few. You obviously need it.

I'm waiting for the post where you lambast Darwin and post links to the Discovery Institute. I don't often resort to web insults - but Jesus - you're like the CC.com village idiot.

For someone who consistently spouts historical factoids you appear significantly ignorant of the larger issues involved in significant historical events. To simplify the civil war as a war of choice - yet in stark contrast, back the frat boy war in the middle east - either indicates your lack of perception or an innate ability to substitute complex issues with rhetoric.

I suggest you widen your historical reading list - I can suggest a few. You obviously need it.

I'm waiting for the post where you lambast Darwin and post links to the Discovery Institute. I don't often resort to web insults - but Jesus - you're like the CC.com village idiot.

Actually, I'm pretty well versed on the whole picture--but there's always more to learn. Could it be that you're misunderstanding the point of my posts which often draw comparisons to and/or contrasts with past American presidents? I'm not sure where your Darwin jibe comes from; obviously you don't know me very well. You do seem a little tense lately. Nothing to march against these days?

Eh, forget Abe Lincoln. Rutherford Hayes is da man! At least if you live in Paraguay...

Asuncion's Presidente Hayes soccer club — nicknamed "Los Yanquis" — won the Paraguayan championship in 1952.

Like the Cleveland Indians.

Hayes was the only U.S. president to be wounded in the Civil War — five times, once seriously.

"I did not know that." carson-inside.jpg