• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
banos

filter pump or tablets...?

The half-dozen articles linked above, are mainly written by scientists and/or cite extensive literature. The mostly wiseacre comments in response suggest the folklore about water is correct, and the science is wrong, because, well, it's common sense.

No, the articles linked above are a mix of misinformation, pseudoscience and outright gibberish. That you can't tell the difference between these articles and reputable science only indicates that you are scientifically illiterate. In light of this, your supposed point about other people making decisions based on belief rather than evidence is amusingly ironic, as you are quite blatantly calling yourself out as an idiot.

Keep up the good work.

G-Spotter:

Your comment is foolish and incorrect.

The authors I linked to are for the most part respected academic researchers attached to major medical institutions. Mostly the papers were in peer-reviewed journals.

The only author among the links who was not writing for an academic/medical audience is Robert Rockwell, an engineer by training, whose work reviewing the relevant scientific literature was the subject of a "National Geographic Adventure" magazine article (July 2002), which generally confirmed his conclusions.

I believe the Rockwell link is to a page sponsored by the National Park Service, but his article is presently found on a number of Web sites.

Drink up.

can we ban all of new jersey?

He can't help himself. It's all that fallout from the WTC that he inhaled in 2001. :rolleyes:

ooooooooh. we gotta watch any reference to world trade center or the department of homeland security will be all over us.

genepires, g-spotter and zimzam are among the true intellectual contributors to this site.

Remarkable ability to evaluate peer-reviewed literature. You all must look forward to higher pay, in jobs related to the Food and Drug Administration.

I really envy your smarts, guys.

WOW good job johndaviding this thread.

Thought this thing was finally dead. Like a zombie it rises from the grave.

I always use iodine. I don't mind the taste, plus six or seven tablets in a nalgene make for a great disinfecting irrigation solution if you get a nasty wound.

Edited by TarHeelEMT