An open apology to B.B.

Dru

Got an email from Brian Burdo pointing out I had slandered him unjustifiably in some post or other with regard to Vasiliki Ridge and the FA of "Rampage". He does admit that he doesn't have the most current version of Beckey Guide Vol III though....

Anyways, Brian, my apologies, I was a bit snide. Since you are the friend of my good friend Andy Cairns I withdraw said remarks. I still think North Cascades Select is a bit too self-referential in tone...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drul, went back and checked route description...... i htink your error lies within the name of the route....it is listed as "Ramp-Page". not rampage.

does this mean some of our rolleyes.gif local legends lurk here! oh my josh! we have validity again!

Given the tone taken by most on this board to bolting I can understand why some local legends prefer to lurk. Also that way they are denied the endless complaints about errors in their guidebooks... Viktor obviously the exception to this lurkage.

Hey Viktor, what about that reference to "granite Canyons north of Wenatchee" with endless new route potential in the old edition of LR. I see that reference not in the newer edition..What was up with that?

Theres mass room for routes in entiat. lately some local wenatchee freaks have been scrubbing and opening up boulder problems, about 26 miles from the the junction of Hwy 97, up entiat river road, on the right side theres about 40 or so problems and room for more, I know its not exactly routes but its still cool, any one know about boulders at the fish hatchery? looked for them but couldent find em. nick

I know who you are gut boy and I know you know the scoop on those boulders.

Across from Safeway. Head up Mountain Home road. Road turns to dirt, keep going. When the burn area becomes obvious just start walking around and sending whatever catches your fancy. Beware pulling down on windy days. The burned trees have a way of falling down around you.

They are called the Pearly Whites. Get it right.

Mike

Now I want you kids to think seriously about using these emoticons.

I came across this... enjoy:

"Here are just a few reasons why they should be banned:

*They reflect the moral vision of your fourth grade teacher. Smileys belong on spelling tests, math homework and essays about your summer vacation -- not on informed communication between adults.

*They consume disk space. Not much, perhaps. But at a time when many users are falling back on compression software because of dwindling disk reserves, smileys have become the cellulite of network back ends.

*They contribute to computer injuries. Typing extra colons, hyphens and commas can spead the road to RSI - repetitive strain injury.

*They're heavy-handed. Attaching a smiley to something that's funny is like elbowing someone after telling them a joke and saying, ``Get it?''

*They're dysfunctional. Attaching a smiley to something that isn't funny doesn't make it so.

*Smileys can be confusing. There are literally hundreds of them, so many that entire dictionaries have sprung up. Many must be explained every time they're used - tell me what @8-I means, for instance - defeating the very point of their existence.

*They're unnecessary in most cases. The primary reason smileys didn't exist for so long is that good writers did not need them. A cleverly constructed sentence, finely wrought witticism or deft turn of phrase needs nothing to clarify or punctuate. It's a thing of beauty.

Good writing needs smileys like the Mona Lisa needed lipstick and eye shadow."