Most overrated bands

kevbone

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I 've seen AC/DC 3 times in the 70s-80s as the openning act,they sucked big time,and i was not there to see them so would walk around the halls smoking dope wishing they would stop making rock sound like shit,but do like some of their songs for Angus can play the blues,but hate bands where most of their songs sound the same,album after album! Rush is the same,i jam with a few friends who will put on AC/DC or RUSH CDs and get pissed when i tell them to just play track 1 and put it on repeat for 10 times and get it out of your system for i do not need to hear the rest of the songs for its like some one telling you a joke and after the frist line you tell them the punch line,and they keep going for 45mi. But have heared the new Rush CD and it was a little better with some jazz songs mixed in,but after the third time in two days i never want to hear it again!!

Edited by pc313

I 've seen AC/DC 3 times in the 70s-80s as the openning act,they sucked big time,and i was not there to see them so would walk around the halls smoking dope wishing they would stop making rock sound like shit,but do like some of their songs for Angus can play the blues,but hate bands where most of their songs sound the same,album after album! Rush is the same,i jam with a few friends who will put on AC/DC or RUSH CDs and get pissed when i tell them to just play track 1 and put it on repeat for 10 times and get it out of your system for i do not need to hear the rest of the songs for its like some one telling you a joke and after the frist line you tell them the punch line,and they keep going for 45mi. But have heared the new Rush CD and it was a little better with some jazz songs mixed in,but after the third time in two days i never want to hear it again!!

Dude, you're nuts.

2112, Hemispheres, Signals, Moving Pictures - each album completely different, with a different sound.

Originally Posted By: pc313

Dude, you're nuts.

2112, Hemispheres, Signals, Moving Pictures - each album completely different, with a different sound.

"Floy boy night ...squeak squawk croak."

Drunk munchkin on crack.

Radiohead, Radiohead, Radiohead. God, they just suck.

Led Zep- don't suck, but sure as hell aren't the gods people like to pretend.

Old Rush is musically and lyrically brilliant with shit vocals. New Rush just sucks.

Edited by korup

Dude, you're nuts.

You sound like my jam bud,he saids you got to listen to the words but 90% of their music to me sounds the same,and i can tell you its Rush with in 20 seconds!

Don't get me wrong 2112 was good back 77 when i was 19,and i like Back in Black!

but wouldn't waste my money to see them! I would have loved to have seen T REX or Blind Faith but was to young!

Edited by pc313

I can't believe I didn't get any pushback when I named the Grateful Dead.

C'mon... Grateful Dead, Grateful Dead, Grateful Dead.

Jerry Garcia -the original aimless noodler.

I went to 3 Dead shows in Vegas, mainly to see the opening acts. I was bored stiff by the end of the Dead shows. I was certainly in the right "frame of mind" but I just don't get it. Much more like country blues than rock and roll (IMO). However, Santana one year and Steve Miller another were well worth suffering the through the Dead part of the show. Would have left early if my buddies weren't such Dead Heads. And oh, by the way, that patchouli oil stinks. Try taking a shower instead...

I can't believe I didn't get any pushback when I named the Grateful Dead.

C'mon... Grateful Dead, Grateful Dead, Grateful Dead.

Jerry Garcia -the original aimless noodler.

I went to 3 Dead shows in Vegas, mainly to see the opening acts. I was bored stiff by the end of the Dead shows. I was certainly in the right "frame of mind" but I just don't get it. Much more like country blues than rock and roll (IMO). However, Santana one year and Steve Miller another were well worth suffering the through the Dead part of the show. Would have left early if my buddies weren't such Dead Heads. And oh, by the way, that patchouli oil stinks. Try taking a shower instead...

The dead were a country rock band,but do have some good songs,i'v seen them 3 time with other bands once with Santana,i lived in Hawaii for 4 yrs and fucking dead heads were every where,they all had boot leg live recordings and some claimed to have Jerry Garcias phone number,but they were fun to party with and not assholes!

Thread drift... One of my Dead Head buddies that was at those shows in Vegas was a pretty solid climber too. Unfortunately, he was coming home from a day out climbing in the desert and missed a stop sign due to the blinding sunset in his eyes. Both occupants of the other vehicle he hit were killed. My buddy had some weed on him and gave it to a bystander who promptly gave it to the trooper. At least that was the story I got third hand from another mutual friend. He ended up doing over 5 years and I have not heard from him since. He was a super cool guy that would give you the shirt off his back. I've often wondered what he is like now after being locked up for killing 2 people. I'm sure that would mess anyone up. I did send him a couple letters while he was in the big house but don't know if he ever even got them.

The Dead have put on some of the worst, if not top of the list and just plain THE WORST, shows I have ever seen. I saw them in Eugene once, when they barely did more than tune their instruments and their lead singer, Donna, never even turned around to face the fans. But they also put on some of the best shows I've ever seen. I saw George Clinton and Nirvana hit the sweet spot, and Beastie Boys and Neil Young, Commander Cody and Art Ensemble of Chicago. But The Dead really could rock - once in a while.

I don't think the Dead were really "overrated" so much as they were just plain inconsistent. By comparison, and from the same era, I saw the Rolling Stones at least three times and they never put on a great show. Big stage and fireworks, but not a real "gel." Some of their albums were great, though.

Thread drift... One of my Dead Head buddies that was at those shows in Vegas was a pretty solid climber too. Unfortunately, he was coming home from a day out climbing in the desert and missed a stop sign due to the blinding sunset in his eyes. Both occupants of the other vehicle he hit were killed. My buddy had some weed on him and gave it to a bystander who promptly gave it to the trooper. At least that was the story I got third hand from another mutual friend. He ended up doing over 5 years and I have not heard from him since. He was a super cool guy that would give you the shirt off his back. I've often wondered what he is like now after being locked up for killing 2 people. I'm sure that would mess anyone up. I did send him a couple letters while he was in the big house but don't know if he ever even got them.

WOW i wonder if that was a plea bargain or found guilty?

Not to mention the victims restitution!

Shit happens but it must lay heavy on him,for taking someones life is a nightmare,i hope he still climbs,for me it my church and clears the mind of the crap i've been going threw, all the lies,bullshit,Pink shirted bottom feeders,and power hungry assfucks don't enter my thoughts!

But this is a band thread so overrated has to be Michael Jaskson 80 million albums sold WTF!!

Pink Floyd is way overrated....they have one or two good songs.

Another overrated musician is Neil Young. Most of his music is slow and boring and he a horrible singer. Once again...one or two good songs....the rest all suck.

I dont know if Pink Floyd is overated so much but more ahead of their time but "Dark Side Of The Moon" and "Wish You Were Here" was their best,I just found out that David Gilmour played the Saxophone,Synthesizer,Still Guitar,and lead Guitar Plus Sang on both but the Bass (Roger Waters) and Keyboad (Richard Wright) who just died this year wrote most of the songs!

I seen them in Portland front row agianst the stage center in 77 Animals tour,it was clean and a well done show, Animals and The Wall Were O.K. but Momentary Lapes Of Reason was Great!IMO

Its funny how when i Play Floyd around my 70-80 year old Relatives their like wow thats so good who is it? I tell them its Syphcodelic space music!

ELP,YES,and THE MOODY BLUES all were in the Syphcodelic space music and sounded clean live just like their Albums,very good shows! BUT NOT ROCK & ROLL!!

Pink Floyd is way overrated....they have one or two good songs.

Another overrated musician is Neil Young. Most of his music is slow and boring and he a horrible singer. Once again...one or two good songs....the rest all suck.

I dont know if Pink Floyd is overated so much but more ahead of their time but "Dark Side Of The Moon" and "Wish You Were Here" was their best,I just found out that David Gilmour played the Saxophone,Synthesizer,Still Guitar,and lead Guitar Plus Sang on both but the Bass (Roger Waters) and Keyboad (Richard Wright) who just died this year wrote most of the songs!

I seen them in Portland front row agianst the stage center in 77 Animals tour,it was clean and a well done show, Animals and The Wall Were O.K. but Momentary Lapes Of Reason was Great!IMO

Its funny how when i Play Floyd around my 70-80 year old Relatives their like wow thats so good who is it? I tell them its Syphcodelic space music!

ELP,YES,and THE MOODY BLUES all were in the Syphcodelic space music and sounded clean live just like their Albums,very good shows! BUT NOT ROCK & ROLL!!

Dude you can't be buying that Pink Floyd troll, don't you realize that bonehead talk out his ass and when he is serious he doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about.

Their earlier years just freaking way ahead out their time (or should I say spanned tons timepoints and whirled them together sound soup), seriously mental. Over the years though after Darkside it would have been fine with me if they stopped making music, they didn't have the creativity free flowing energy to play and have fun, it became a job and you hear it.

Ken. Its not a troll. Pink Floyd IMO has a couple alright songs....the rest of them are for acid goers.....they are way overrated.

Pink Floyd early stuff was geared to the LSD crowd,with Syd Berrett who drank and used LSD to the max,and David took his spot. I started buying album in 71 and had UMMAGUMMA,ATOM HEART MOTHER,MEDDLE,AND OBSURED BY CLOUDS before Dark side of the moon came out,and druged out in my room to their mind music,but i had 200 plus albums (had a freind who would shoplift 20-50 a day and sell them for cheap,he would take orders)hell i even had THE CRAZZY WORLD OF ARTHUR BROWN and all the early Mothers of invention,Jazz,Blues,and rock but no bubble gum crap!I used to say if you liked 2 or 3 songs on a album that it was good IMO,but haven't done LSD since the 80s!

Now i have 800 plus cds and 150 or more music dvds "Bootlegs" and still don't have a IPOD,but when it comes to music/bands you either like um or don't,I'm not in to rap or new country much. But this thread is about over rated bands so its all about your opinion and was not trying to change yours!

Edited by pc313