Rope Up trail run?

DPS

I am planning on being at the Rope Up Saturday and Sunday. I plan to climb on Saturday but would like to do the Snow Creek Trail to Colchuck Lake loop as a trail run on Sunday. Anyone care to join me? It would be nifty to get a couple of cars to park at Snow Lake TH and Mountaineers Creek TH to avoid any road running.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of starting somewhere between 7:00 and 8:00, but I am flexible. I was thinking of starting at Mountaineers Creek and running Colchuck to Snow Lakes simply because that way you start higher which means less elevation gain, but I don't have a strong opinion either way.

Edited by danielpatricksmith

Dan,

As I said in the other thread, I'd love to go. If you see me up at 7am then I'll go, if not then don't bother!

And I'd like to go from Colchuck lake to snow lake, I've only done the complete loop the other way.

Also, how much/fast are you guys gonna be running? I haven't put down a 17 miler in quite some time.

Dan,

As I said in the other thread, I'd love to go. If you see me up at 7am then I'll go, if not then don't bother!

And I'd like to go from Colchuck lake to snow lake, I've only done the complete loop the other way.

Also, how much/fast are you guys gonna be running? I haven't put down a 17 miler in quite some time.

I am not super fast, and I have not done the loop before so I don't have a good idea of what a reasonable time would be, maybe 4 - 5 hours?

Nice meeting you at the Rope Up, Dan. We did a walk thru the Enchantments on Sunday too. We did a variation of the hike thru, namely, up icy Aasgard Pass to Prusik Pass to Rat Lakes out Toketie Canyon. The Larches were amazing hiking down the north side of Prusik Pass. Glad you and Teresa got out for what turned out to be quite a nice day.

It's pretty easy to spot the path around Rat Lakes. Cross the outlet of Mesa and head east up the ridge and down the other side to the meadow above Toketie Lake. Once you reach the lake cross the outlet and follow cairns across the next ridge to drop into the Toketie proper (Don't go into the next canyon to the north that puts you next to Snow Creek Wall--very cliffy) Follow the canyon on the left side down, and you'll usually come across the path through the deadfall. It only takes about two hours from the Lake to hit the Snow Crick trail and avoids most of the trudge from Snow Lakes.