Climber videographers or sound people?

hh1

Hey all,

I'm looking to meet some other people who are into filmmaking AND climbing. Usually I find people who are one or the other, butI've got projects I can't do alone.

Any skills (shooting, editing, PA's, sound etc.), any interest level. Would like to talk about collaborating on projects.

Cheers.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try carrying a 90lb pack up Desolation Peak and babysitting a BBC film crew for two days, including removing the used tea bag ornaments they'd hung in trees after use, while filming a documentary on Jack Kerouac. Does that count as experience?

What was really funny was how they filmed out of sequence so that the narrator had a vicious sunburn in the early scenes and was lily white by the end.

Hey guys,

This is awesome. Lots of different skills sets here. I don't have anything too specific in mind. I just wanted to know who else is out there. I'm working on a self funded documentary right now and hoping to parlay that into bigger and better things in the future. I'm working hard right now on a proposal for a film that has as a large component the 100th anniversary of the Duke of Abruzzi's expedition to K2. It's a long shot for funding, but there are a lot of interesting aspects to it, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Anyone who has a personal fortune, please pm me now.

I'm leaving for Nepal in a week to work on the climbing portion of my doco (we'll be on Pumori), but would love to film some ice climbing this winter. I shoot on a Panasonic HVX200.

And of course, if anyone has any paying work this Winter, I'm all ears.

Let's keep in touch and make something great!

Try carrying a 90lb pack up Desolation Peak and babysitting a BBC film crew for two days, including removing the used tea bag ornaments they'd hung in trees after use, while filming a documentary on Jack Kerouac. Does that count as experience?

What was really funny was how they filmed out of sequence so that the narrator had a vicious sunburn in the early scenes and was lily white by the end.

Has said documentary been released? What is it called? Inquiring minds want to know.