• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Peter_Puget

WOW!

I purchased 2 bits (in an odd size) from HILTI and never asked about the price. I figured HILTI would be pricey but I wanted them for the weekend. Bought them over the phone and had them sent to Seattle for pick-up. Ended up they charged me a few cents over $100!

Now I don't want to scratch them up.

Hilti is pricy. However, you probably got like a 9/16 x 12" or something bizarre and big? For climbing project?

Hey, if you're trolling for Pope and Raindowg Peter, couple of tips for you, I've learned that you have to be much more inflammatory. Say, tell them you named your drill after one of them and successfully bolted a crack GREAT ROUTE then post a pic of a bolted crack!

The lil Dawg itching for action.

Lil_Dawg_small.jpg

The new Gold Standard 1/2 x 7" long.

bolt_size_half_inch_x_7.jpg

Top of the new bolted route who's name is say, "Teasin' the Dawg" or "Kickin' the Dawg in the nutz" or something equally clever. There are plenty of better bolted pics you could chose from as this route appears to be trad bolted, with bolts farther apart than normal trolling dictates.

Bill_at_the_top_of_Jimmy_s_favorite.jpg

Cleaning a new line to bolt.

Kyle_cleans_a_line.jpg

See how happy this gentleman is? That's how you look when you stuff the Gold standard in that hole.

Happy_bolter_045.jpg

Just trying to help out.

Are you serious that is the new gold standard???

no.

Nothing about that post is serious. Thanks for raining on my parade though. I was trying to assist Peter to improve his Dawg baiting skillz. We are using a few of those monster bolts if that was part of the question.

Once you move into the realm of large caliber bolts, like your Gold Standard or this 5/8x6 Dawgster the correct term is "rock picket."

1970bolt.JPG

Seems like a waste--pounding that six incher into a freshly drilled hole when there's a perfectly good crack just an inch or two away. How can you tell when it's in?