An uprising I support

Fairweather

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i bet those killings and kidnappings would go way down if drugs were legalized

exactly - but america knows that it makes the baby jesus cry when jay and silient bob smoke a joint, so for that, we must destroy the whole fucking 3rd world

how much longer will this unfathomable prohibition last?

Sorry to hijack this thread away from legalizing drugs (which I support), but the issue here is violence and police corruption.

Not all of that are directly related to drug trafficing. In fact, why would drug trafficers kidnap kids anyway? Organ donors perhaps. Those rumor have been floating around for awhile now.

Sorry to hijack this thread away from legalizing drugs (which I support), but the issue here is violence and police corruption.

Not all of that are directly related to drug trafficing. In fact, why would drug trafficers kidnap kids anyway? Organ donors perhaps. Those rumor have been floating around for awhile now.

dude, bug, the drug thing is what created the gangs in the first place! it is their driving engine - after the gangs reached walmart size though they, like any other business, figured they needed to diversify and so they expanded into other lucrative black-market ventures, like kidnapping - get rid of the drug engine though and the police corruption will dissappear (well, at least it'll just be that sweet corporate-take-over-of-government kinda corruption that every red-blooded american can get behind) - kidnapping is not going to be so profitable on its own that you'll have these monster criminal organizations powerful enough to buy off an entire nations law enforcement

but again, drugs make the baby jesus cry...

dude, bug, the drug thing is what created the gangs in the first place! it is their driving engine - after the gangs reached walmart size though they, like any other business, figured they needed to diversify and so they expanded into other lucrative black-market ventures, like kidnapping - get rid of the drug engine though and the police corruption will dissappear (well, at least it'll just be that sweet corporate-take-over-of-government kinda corruption that every red-blooded american can get behind) - kidnapping is not going to be so profitable on its own that you'll have these monster criminal organizations powerful enough to buy off an entire nations law enforcement

but again, drugs make the baby jesus cry...

You don't know Jesus. He created drugs. But that's a different arguement.

Second, are you talking about the US or Mexico? Because there are different gang scenarios in the two places.

Mexico and Latin America have been corrupt sice your grand-daddy was a squirt. What they have is what Bush etc want. A few rich, a few middle class, and a whole bunch of poor. Teddy Roosavelt was one of the really strong proponents of that system loaning military might to governments to enforce the corporate takeover of lands that had been held in peasant families for generations. There was no law. Only power and greed. That is what drives that country's politics today. The rich will not give up any of it and use the drug trafficing as an excuse for violence that the peasantry says is being fomented by armies in uniform.

In the cities, being poor is the norm. Being bull-dogged by the police is what happens if you stand up to a rich person. Practically speaking, drugs are legal in Mexico. Without drug wars, the Mexican elite would have nothing to hide their violence behind.

Meanwhile if you are rich and you need a new kidney and you have two choices, die or kidnap a peasant, what are you going to do?

You do what any good facist would do. You survive. Because you can.

i was talking about mexico and parts south - can't argue w/ your evaluation of their sad histories, but i don't think it's much different from our own - the rich fucking the poor is one of the great themes of human history, no? still, the international prohibition of drugs has lowered the whole shooting match a couple circles of hell further down.

i was talking about mexico and parts south - can't argue w/ your evaluation of their sad histories, but i don't think it's much different from our own - the rich fucking the poor is one of the great themes of human history, no? still, the international prohibition of drugs has lowered the whole shooting match a couple circles of hell further down.

I've actually come to agree with you that marijuana should be decriminalized, if not outright legalized. But I would draw a hard line there. How ironic that the same libtards who force me to wear a seatbelt and a bicycle helmet, have banned trans-fats in restaurants, turned smokers into public enemy number one, and complain about inadequate healthcare get all weak-in the-knees about regulating some of the most physiologically and socially destructive substances humans can ingest.