adjustible aiders

dr._jay

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you like/not like about those aiders? I'm interested in a pair (I assume you've sold already) and I'd like a little info on how smooth they work, whether they seem faster/more comfortable etc. I would be willing to trade a somewhat battered RR Select Guide book for this information. [big Grin]

I bought a set of the metolius adjustable aiders. Used them a couple of times and don't like them for aiding. Its too difficult to get your feet out of them when transitioning to your other aiders if you are using the 4-aider setup. Even harder getting your foot back in.

However, they work great for jugging since you can lock your foot into the stirrup.

they work well enough but as already said are hard to use with a 4 aider setup. it works allright but is just more friggin around and when aiding the less steps the better. however when jugging recently with aiders that kept coming off i found it to be a pain in the ass. if i hadn't already sold them i'd consider keeping them for just that purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

Four aider system? I think the idea is to use only two aiders and a adj. daisy. According to their instructions, you keep your feet in the aiders all the time. Sequence as follows: clip 2 biners into new piece, clip daisy into biner, clip one aider into other biner then clip other aider as well. This system was meant for wankers like me who only climb A1.