New Aliens?

miladugga

I recently borrowed a set of older aliens and really liked them. So I was all excited about getting some until I was told that CCH went out of business, and I read the various posts and product updates about recalls, etc. My question is, I'm seeing them in some online catalogues, and I'm confused. Is CCH in business? Are the ones I'm seeing old stock, new models, or what? Is there another brand that replaced their market niche, or that people like?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer aliens over Metolious Master Cams and BD C3's. Get yourself a set. (And yes I have a set of all 3 brands).

*Cough *Gearwhore* Cough*

:grin:

Takes one to know one eh Bill... Ok, I admit it, even though I've never touched your rack, I do have rack envy. :grin:

Dugga- in spite of CCH's efforts to improve their QC, I think that their operation is a joke, and remain totally skeptical of their product. Yes, Aliens are sweet, but given the number of recalls, and production errors, I think my life is more important. Others prob. disagree, but....

The number of defective post-recall, CCH tensile-tested cams which escaped into the wild says about everything you need to know about their ability to produce product with consistent quality. I personally wouldn't lead on any of their cams - including ones stamped 'tensile tested' - unless I or a third party tested them beforehand. What few unique advantages they have are needed so rarely as to rule out my ever having used them as my mainstay cam. I have two sets of Alien Hybrids which only rarely see the light of day for very specific placements.