How is living in Portland?

crackers

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vancouver, BC >> Seattle >> Portland >>>>>>>> Vancouver, WA

Not bad, but the Ozone access makes it look like this: Vancouver, BC >> Seattle >> Portland = Vancouver, WA

For Graham, taxes on his company may be another consideration where Vancouver, WA may be a better choice. Look hard at that one, but avoid the Vancouver to PDX commute if you can (or vice versa) most of the traffic is into PDX, so it's not too bad in the am if you go against the grain.

Graham, people do climb here, I was climbing a 110' cliff inside the city limits where there was only one other group climbing. It does rain a lot, however, summers are generally good and the rainy season really doesn't hit Smith. So you can make do here.

Strictly as a city, not a location? I'd put Portland over Seattle. I really like that town.

Yeah, I'm with Off_White on this one... I always feel right at home in Portland. I greatly prefer it over Seattle...

Still, like he says, we have better mountains...

as a town, i like Portland, but there are too many moderates there. i need extremes. tax and spend libtards or jack booted go it your own conservatives.

seattle has a nice mix of libtards who shoot themselves in the foot over public transportation and strip clubs, and east side conservatives driving their lexus to bellevue square.

if i could choose i would live in a cabin in the middle of a 1000 acres with a bunch of guns and ammo.

For Graham, taxes on his company may be another consideration where Vancouver, WA may be a better choice. Look hard at that one, but avoid the Vancouver to PDX commute if you can (or vice versa) most of the traffic is into PDX, so it's not too bad in the am if you go against the grain.

What you say is true - as well as no income tax in WA.

Living in the 'couv sort of defeats the point of Portland in my mind. It's a nice small city where a middle class worker can afford a home in the city in a walkable livable neighborhood.

Heh, anything is more business friendly than New York :) Yes, real estate is much cheaper than NYC. For international air service there isn't much - AMS & FRA in europe, NRT in asia.

Heh heh. Actually, NYC is one of the best places I can imagine to start a business: it's extremely simply to incorporate, the tax code is relatively simple and good to small manufacturers, and the services readily and cheaply available are quite good. Real estate is a problem, but hey, you can't have it all. Judging by craigslist though, I think my rent would drop in half. Which would make a teensy little bit of difference for the old company.

Thanks to one and all for the comments. I'll ask more when we find out more, but I will be in portland around the 25th of june...beers?