Ok, I know, I get the Darwin Award for the year...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally saw a sports med doc this morning.

Bruised knee cap and possibly part of the tibia.

Something is going on with the inner meniscus, but not likely too bad or I would still be in as much pain as I was ten days ago.

Drastic improvement overnight after a touch and go weekend.

Told I should be close to regular activity level in a couple of weeks. :moondance:

Recommended not running up escalators going the opposite way in the near future, or ever.

What a waste - today is perfect for a bike ride - Sunny, mid 70's, with only a slight breeze. *sigh*

Oh well!

Drastic improvement overnight after a touch and go weekend.

Told I should be close to regular activity level in a couple of weeks.

Great news, glad to hear it. Continue baby that joint! (but not bogart it)

Now you just have the shed those a-hole jerks you work for.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was 6, I looked at our stove and thought it looked hot. I then decided to press my hand on the burner to make sure it wasn't (after all it should be cool since no one was cooking at the time). It was hot and I had a nice spiral burn for the next few weeks. If it looks hot it probably is, Duh!

This is almost as bad as the time when I was a kid and smashed my fingers with my dad's 2 foot sledge hammer.......ON PURPOSE...... I guess doing such things are just plain fascinating to a 7 year old who's never experienced pain.......

Thats rad Carolyn.

Ya, or the time when I was probably about the same age and I wanted to put the 'do not disturb' sign up on the sliding glass door. I couldnt just do it like normal people. I had my brother on the outside where the sign would hang. me on the inside. The goal was to have me put my hand out the open door, hang the sign and get my hand back in before my brother shut the door. I left the hotel with one less fingernail. Boy did that hurt.

*DOH*

Btw - knee is doing better. I was hoping to get on my bike this weekend, but Im having some increased pain the past few days. Wobbly knee when going downstairs with full weight on it. At first I thought my muscles were a little weak. Its been ten days of this leaning against the railing or wall to get down the stairs, as Im afraid it will give out.

Very slight swelling. Not very noticable.

Any thoughts?

Carolyn

Good to hear you are on the mend. Your original description of the injury was wicked.

Gently work the range of motion as much as you can bear (no load). You can lose ROM when you baby a joint for a long time, even if it's not in a cast or device.

It would be super if you can get into a warm pool (not hot), let yourself get warmed up, then work the ROM for a little while, all the time staying in the water. Stand in the shallow end or support yourself on the pool side and work the knee round slowly & gently. Right after, put a big ice pack all around the joint and get it really cold. Let it cold-soak for 15 or 20 minutes. The warm-cold combo will do it good and also make it feel better.

Warm pool, not regular ambient temperature.

But, if any of this causes pain, stop. This long after the injury, pain will be a signal you are asking the tissues to do something they're not ready for.

that's pretty funny. i'm gonna have to try that in the mall here.

btw, she was pretty hawt. I can't repeat that part... :(

Of course, if you try it make sure it doesn't end up like this

That's pretty funny too, though for quite another reason. Also significantly less hotness.

BLOCKED BY WEBSENSE!

WARNING! YOU HAVE ATTEMPTED TO ACCESS A RESTRICTED SITE.

CONTINUED ATTEMPTS TO ACCESS THIS SITE WILL RESULT IN A NOTICE BEING SENT TO YOUR SUPERVISOR.

:anger:

Oh man... do you guys block youtube at work as well?

Sobo, sprobuj z domu...

• 4 weeks later...

That was pretty funny. Almost makes me want to try it. you know the Mall of America out here has a lot of good ones!

Btw...stupid knee has been very wobbly and only slightly painful on the inside. Ive done a little bouldering w/o much of a problem. But going downstairs sucks. I tried climbing yesterday. I downclimb as much as possible and had some pretty big issues with stability. My climbing partner could see it shaking/wobbling 20-30 feet up.

carolyn

I go back to see the dr next week.

well the final verdict is that it doesnt appear I have any ligament or cartalidge damage through a physical exam (no MRI done). What is likely going on is a bone bruise not just on the patella, but both the fibula and tibia. The bone bruise on the tibia was mentioned as a possibility before.

This would explain the pain while going down things as there is more jarring on the two bones where the bruise would be located. He noticed some atrophy in the right leg and thought that might be causing some of the wobbliness. I also have very loose ligaments in both legs, so my bones take a beating when I fall and increase my future risk of ligament injury. This would explain why I so easily fractured my fibula in a fall about 5yrs ago.

It was thought that pt would be a good idea. yet they cant get me in for a month?!?!?!? Seems a little pointless to me.

Carolyn