Dog breeds

rmncwrtr

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going great, Selkirk. Thanks for asking. Chaos is an awesome dog. Amazing with the kids. Really anyone she meets. She's a total sweetie who just wants a lot of attention and love.

It was so cute. Last week she had a total blonde moment when she caught a glimpse of her reflection in the glass on the fireplace. She started barking at herself and ran in front of my oldest to protect her from the dog she'd seen.

Of course, the three cats aren't happy about the situation. This pic, sums up their feelings exactly:

funny-pictures-black-cat-paw-voting.jpg

I'm hoping it gets better. Lots of growling and hissing from the felines. Chaos just wants to be friends with them but so far that hasn't gone over very well. But it's been very entertaining. So funny to see the cats no longer hissing at each other and banding together to do recon missions to check Chaos' whereabouts.

My hubby who has never had a dog in his life has even fallen for her. It was definitely the right time and the right dog for us!

And if not for this thread, I would have never found out about the breed and contacted the NW rescue coordinator and ended up with Chaos. I owe Sobo big time for his post :kisss:

Just duct-tape their tails together.

This reminds me of great fun when we were kids...

1. Take two cats. Any two cats, but preferably not your own cats.

2. Duct tape their tails together firmly.

3. Throw them over a clothesline, so a cat is on each side of the rope, with their tails over the line (cats are upside down).

4. Sit back and enjoy the show!

How to train a cat to stay off the counter;

lay out a bunch of short pieces of tape sticky side up.

Put a can of cat food on the counter.

4. Sit back and enjoy the show!

Edited by Bug

• 1 month later...

I got to this thread late, but wanted to say that you'll almost always do better with a female dog than a male. They are much more social generally.

Here's 2 rescue Jack Russell mutts up Mt Hamilton trail last weekend. The one I'm holding is @10 and very set in his ways. The Puddin Jack my boy has is almost the exact opposite. Both pretty good dogs that came with some issues. These damn things will kill any rodent that the cat misses, which is pretty much limited to squirrels although Hank did flush a mouse out once that the cat somehow missed.

Family_at_Rodney_Falls_7_4_08_small.jpg

The classic Tibetan compound security was a small Lapso Apso inside, and a Tibetan Mastiff outside. Should an individual be good enough to get past the Mastiff, those little dogs go off like an alarm.

Even hubby fell for her and he didn't ever want a dog.

I'm sure that Tom secretly hates me...

Haha! Okay, maybe a little at the beginning ;) but he thinks you're a great guy after all you've helped me with... cat, project, dog and climbing (hint, hint about the discussed trip!) You definitely get the :tup: from the entire family!