Summer Internship Opportunity

No. 13 Baby

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think someone should be called "nuts" for being concerned that Senator Craig is still holding his office and is hiring an intern...do you?

Hmm, I dunno. Personally, I think soliciting sex in a bathroom should be legal. Why not?

And as to his anti-gay legislation double-speak, well...who knows? Maybe he's representing his constituents? Maybe he's all fucked up by religion and the anti-gay upbringing he inevitably received as a child, forever holding back his inner-gay at the risk of eternal damnation? Who knows.

Should he lose his office cause he's a hypocrit? Well, we'd run out of senators pretty quick. Should he lose his office cause he tried to get a blowjob from an anonymous man in a bathroom stall (I'm assuming he's the pitcher)? Nah. Knock yerself out, buddy. Should the fine people of Idaho re-elect him? Well, there's the rub, and as I'm not a registered voter in Idaho, I will simply lean back on my general impression that all politicians are lying, steaming piles of shit (just like the rest of us). That way I'm not disappointed in the end.

But is it newsworthy Rob? I realize you might not WANT to hear about that stuff happening (I know I don't, but I'm also not going to ignore it). We could just turn our backs on him and pretend like it didn't happen, I guess that is what you and KKKK are proposing. There are other things to consider other than your own personal viewpoints, such as the law. The law is the one thing we have that keeps the playing field level. It should be applied evenly whether it is President Clinton or a Senator Craig getting a BJ. There is the letter of the law, and there is there is just common decency. If Clinton got a BJ in private and Craig did it in public, well there is a difference there in legal terms. Its just too hard to legislate decency. I mean, you think having sex in public is fine (a public restroom is a public restroom). Its fine if you're the one getting some ;), but the bottom line is it is just one viewpoint in this country. Most people in this country will disagree with you.

i won't ask you the question as to whether you would want your son or daughter interning for Craig, its obvious you wouldn't have them intern for anyone ;)

I think Sen. Craig is extremely laughable. The source of my incredible disrespect for him, ironically, is not his bathroom-sex thing but his denial of it, later.

Do you feel the same way about clinton?

Nah, he owned up in the end. This craig guy, I mean, COME ON. Does he think I'm a retard?

Besides, dude -- a cigar. That's fuckin class.

i don't think someone should be called "nuts" for being concerned that Senator Craig is still holding his office and is hiring an intern...do you?

Hmm, I dunno. Personally, I think soliciting sex in a bathroom should be legal. Why not?

And as to his anti-gay legislation double-speak, well...who knows? Maybe he's representing his constituents? Maybe he's all fucked up by religion and the anti-gay upbringing he inevitably received as a child, forever holding back his inner-gay at the risk of eternal damnation? Who knows.

Should he lose his office cause he's a hypocrit? Well, we'd run out of senators pretty quick. Should he lose his office cause he tried to get a blowjob from an anonymous man in a bathroom stall (I'm assuming he's the pitcher)? Nah. Knock yerself out, buddy. Should the fine people of Idaho re-elect him? Well, there's the rub, and as I'm not a registered voter in Idaho, I will simply lean back on my general impression that all politicians are lying, steaming piles of shit (just like the rest of us). That way I'm not disappointed in the end.

But is it newsworthy Rob? I realize you might not WANT to hear about that stuff happening (I know I don't, but I'm also not going to ignore it). We could just turn our backs on him and pretend like it didn't happen, I guess that is what you and KKKK are proposing. There are other things to consider other than your own personal viewpoints, such as the law. The law is the one thing we have that keeps the playing field level. It should be applied evenly whether it is President Clinton or a Senator Craig getting a BJ. There is the letter of the law, and there is there is just common decency. If Clinton got a BJ in private and Craig did it in public, well there is a difference there in legal terms. Its just too hard to legislate decency. I mean, you think having sex in public is fine (a public restroom is a public restroom). Its fine if you're the one getting some ;), but the bottom line is it is just one viewpoint in this country. Most people in this country will disagree with you.

i won't ask you the question as to whether you would want your son or daughter interning for Craig, its obvious you wouldn't have them intern for anyone ;)

And what is the law in this case? I think he's already faced the legal consequences. Again, let's review that mantra circa 1998 and onwards:

"It does not rise to the level of impeachment"

I think Sen. Craig is extremely laughable. The source of my incredible disrespect for him, ironically, is not his bathroom-sex thing but his denial of it, later.

Do you feel the same way about clinton?

Nah, he owned up in the end. This craig guy, I mean, COME ON. Does he think I'm a retard?

Besides, dude -- a cigar. That's fuckin class.

He owed up in the end? Come on, dude. There was a friggin cum stain - that's the only reason he owned up. And it took a hell of a lot to get to that point.

I don't know the situation with the legal aspect, but since you insisted dragging Clinton into the discussion, lets include him.

You guys dredge up the same names over and over and over again

with the same lame attacks and mudslinging (Hey I can name 6 guys who were conservative and were gay, and so all conservatives are closet gays, blah blah blah). And at the same time you conveniently ignore the fact that at least an equal number of people have done similar or worse misdeeds who are not conservative, but like-minded people such as yourself. Nothing to see here folks, move along!

....and you are telling me you don't feel like a hypocrite yourself when you say the above with Clinton in mind?

But is it newsworthy Rob? I realize you might not WANT to hear about that stuff happening (I know I don't, but I'm also not going to ignore it). We could just turn our backs on him and pretend like it didn't happen, I guess that is what you and KKKK are proposing.

Absolutely it's newsworthy -- we should all hear about exactly these sort of things. Often. And, I'm not saying we should turn our backs and pretend it didn't happen. Maybe that's what KKKK is proposing, but not me certainly. I bet the voters kick his ass out next election (I would.)

I guess I'm just saying he's just another piece of shit from D.C. so I'm not really surprised. Whether he stays or goes, another piece of shit will just replace him and be just as (or more) ineffectual.

Fuck it, let's go climbing

I don't know the situation with the legal aspect, but since you insisted dragging Clinton into the discussion, lets include him.

You guys dredge up the same names over and over and over again

with the same lame attacks and mudslinging (Hey I can name 6 guys who were conservative and were gay, and so all conservatives are closet gays, blah blah blah). And at the same time you conveniently ignore the fact that at least an equal number of people have done similar or worse misdeeds who are not conservative, but like-minded people such as yourself. Nothing to see here folks, move along!

....and you are telling me you don't feel like a hypocrite yourself when you say the above with Clinton in mind?

No. Because it's part of my point. You guys do not apply your "indignation" or demands for morality equally.

If you knew me, which you don't, you'd know I am fair. I apply the same standard across the board. I am not going to endure one-sided vindictiveness.

In bringing up Clinton (so easy, since we are talking about interns), I have already proven my point - we have people making excuses for him, and why his case was different. It's close enough, my friend - consensual, but improper sex while in public office. The outrage should be the same. What I see instead is a cry for a pound of flesh in one case, and rationalizations and excuses in the other.

But is it newsworthy Rob? I realize you might not WANT to hear about that stuff happening (I know I don't, but I'm also not going to ignore it). We could just turn our backs on him and pretend like it didn't happen, I guess that is what you and KKKK are proposing.

Absolutely it's newsworthy -- we should all hear about exactly these sort of things. Often. And, I'm not saying we should turn our backs and pretend it didn't happen. Maybe that's what KKKK is proposing, but not me certainly. I bet the voters kick his ass out next election (I would.)

I guess I'm just saying he's just another piece of shit from D.C. so I'm not really surprised. Whether he stays or goes, another piece of shit will just replace him and be just as (or more) ineffectual.

Fuck it, let's go climbing

We've already heard about Craig's case. Ad nauseam. Everyone is aware of it.

Dude, were you IN THIS COUNTRY when Clinton has getting his due? The Craig discussion is a not even a drop in the bucket!

If you want to talk about fairness, then that is what is happening. Its just that political opponents don't NEED to champion the cause of taking down one of their own when the other side is perfectly willing and able.

So when the LIBTARD MOONBATS are teeheeheeing about Craig you have to throw a hissy fit because they "are not being fair". Did you remember what happened with Clinton???

Oh come on KKKK, if the news article was about Clinton looking for new interns, everybody would have a chuckle.

So, the gay-but-not senator from Idaho is looking for some young men to come work in his office. Come on, it's kinda funny.

If you can't have a laugh at the expense of public officials, then what can you have?

Oh come on KKKK, if the news article was about Clinton looking for new interns, everybody would have a chuckle.

So, the gay senator from Idaho is looking for some young men to come work in his office. Come on, it's kinda funny.

If you can't have a laugh at the expense of public officials, then what can you have?

No shit! Its funny and its news, and its also comical that someone would deny that it is.

Dude, were you IN THIS COUNTRY when Clinton has getting his due? The Craig discussion is a not even a drop in the bucket!

If you want to talk about fairness, then that is what is happening. Its just that political opponents don't NEED to champion the cause of taking down one of their own when the other side is perfectly willing and able.

So when the LIBTARD MOONBATS are teeheeheeing about Craig you have to throw a hissy fit because they "are not being fair". Did you remember what happened with Clinton???

I give up. You refuse to acknowledge my point. Fine, so be it.

Why is soliciting sex in a bathroom illegal, anyway? I could see why actually HAVING sex would be, but just soliciting?

Seems like a homophobic law. Are there any laws against soliciting consensual heterosexual sex in public places? Just wondering.

Seems puritanical.

So, the gay-but-not senator from Idaho is looking for some young men to come work in his office. Come on, it's kinda funny.

Dude, look at who posted this thread. That's ALL he posts - attacks against conservatives and attacks against me. Nothing else.

I'm pointing out that people like him, and his ilk are the same - apply some pseudo-outrage when it suits them. Obsessively.

We've discussed Craig. Everyone has. Repeatedly.

As for how "funny" this is. I don't think it's funny. Our political representatives are behaving in the most base manner and never acknowleding wrongdoing or mistakes. It's a reflection of our society. And it cuts across the political spectrum.