The Eiger?

Dane

No clue where to ask this so thought this as good a place as any.

Saw a recent article in one of the climbing rags about some guys climbing the N Face of the Eiger. Only thing that stuck in my mind was they finished with head lamps and some humor.

Anyone have a clue on the magazine and issue?

TIA

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder how many of the people who "climb" the Eiger each year actually CLIMB across the Hinterstosser traverse, rather than swinging like cirque de soleil acrobats on the fixed ropes. ditto for the waterfall pitch. etc...

(not that I'm not impressed by a triple bypass survivor in his 70s climbing the route...)

cheers,

Thanks G-spot tht was the one I was looking for :)

“You must not continue!” yells the French climber. “Go down to your partner now and stay for zee night! If you try for zis in zee night, you will die! DO YOU LISTEN TO ME?!”

"But as Ran, Ian and I were whisked off the Eiger on a long line (50m of cable under the chopper) I thought that this was definitely the scariest part of the whole climb. "

That would be crazy.

This video has some footage of a long line rescue off Mt. Stephen in the Rockies.

Some of the guys I work with, probably stay up at night fantasizing about doing rescues like that.

Was that rockfall induced? Or a bad fall?