crocodile cafe dead

octopuswithafez

seattle times

2004078780.jpg

The Crocodile Cafe, an iconic Seattle rock club where many local up-and-comers played before launching into the national spotlight, has closed its doors, the club's booking agent Eli Anderson said today.

The Belltown venue, at Second Avenue and Blanchard Street, shut down abruptly after more than 15 years.

Anderson said he received a voice mail from owner Stephanie Dorgan on Sunday.

"She said I have to close the Crocodile immediately," Anderson said early this afternoon.

He was told that the locks were changed, and that he could pick up his personal items at a specific time this afternoon.

although hope may spring anew with the this project

CrocCondos.jpeg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife's favorite memory was sitting on the floor with the only other twenty folks there while some guy named Elliot Smith strummed his guitar.

Mine was seeing Carissa's Weird last show there... good times, now the Croc joins RKCNDY, Sit -n- Spin, Offramp/Graceland, Weathered Wall, Hi-Score, I-Spy, Gibsons ( 16 oz. gin and tonics baby!), the old Frontier Room ( last call) and Tarantula Jack's as Seattle places I miss

Damn! :cry::cry: I have a lot of good memories from that place. I thought the sound there (such a small venue) was awesome, some of my favorite shows ever I saw there. I wonder what the reason behind the sudden closure is?

Ah well, the rock (and punk) is dead anyway. Long live the crocodile. Bring on the upscaley people.

The old Frontier Room :tup: That place was cool I remember watching the lesbian bartender tell some bitch from Kirkland to fuck off.

The richie bitch from Kirkland wanted the bartender to drop everything she was doing and make a special phone call for her. The bartender told the woman that there was a payphone up the street. Everybody at the bar started cracking up. :lmao: