Dohhh: the bastards really are Going Nuclear:

billcoe

I've never quoted my dad on this forum.

We have a philosophical difference. I don't bat for either team, the 'team' idea is the route of the problem. In this new age of resource depletion and global climate change, like it or not, we're all one big team now, and we'd better figure out how that's going to work or we're all fucked. Culturally, Iran is as close to the U.S. as a Middle Eastern country gets. We've both squandered that relationship in recent years; it's time to re-establish it.

Regarding N. Korea, I'd say Chinese dissatisfaction had more to do with Kim's acquiescence than our military presence, which is really a trip wire, but the influence of that presence is duly noted.

As always, I'd suggest anyone interested in the cost of the Vietnam war on the U.S. economy do their own research and draw their own conclusions. I've done it before; don't want to spend the time to do it again. It's a piece of widely accepted economic history.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't necessarily agree with the current administrations approach, but I am not privy to any of the high level information. Clearly there is something amiss that is worth sliding down the razor.

a world view based on domination and resource control through any violent means necessary will have everyone sliding down the razor.

but my bigger point is that everyone will see "the facts" differently, and respond differently, based on their own predilections, and you can't give the benefit of the doubt to people such as the ones in this administration (with the idea that they have some insights that justify their approach; we already KNOW what they are about).