Bombing?

Brianmoore

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would bombing Iran be so terrible?

Because protestors might block traffic and make me sit in my car for an extra few minutes, causing me and everyone around me to use more gas than we would have which would contribute to global warming and make all of the glaciers melt, turning our volcano slogs into scree slogs, which is way worse. Worse still, I might be late for something big, like my afternoon expresso. Screw the Iranian people, when it comes to something like war you've gotta think about your own needs.

Did they say this Thanksgiving, or next, like 2008? I think that it would be a little late to do it in 2008, as they would only be a couple of months away from having to leave office, and that would be quite a mess to leave the next president with. On the other hand most things that the Bush administration does aren't that well planned out so who knows.

Why would bombing Iran be so terrible?

Because protestors might block traffic and make me sit in my car for an extra few minutes, causing me and everyone around me to use more gas than we would have which would contribute to global warming and make all of the glaciers melt, turning our volcano slogs into scree slogs, which is way worse. Worse still, I might be late for something big, like my afternoon expresso. Screw the Iranian people, when it comes to something like war you've gotta think about your own needs.

Did they say this Thanksgiving, or next, like 2008? I think that it would be a little late to do it in 2008, as they would only be a couple of months away from having to leave office, and that would be quite a mess to leave the next president with. On the other hand most things that the Bush administration does aren't that well planned out so who knows.

Our Thanksgiving or theirs?

What heard was one year from last week. I also heard (on the same show) that if Bush decides to bomb Iran without congressional approval that the congress would move towards impeachment. Which is why he would wait until his term is almost up.

I agree with you Pink. Left/Right, there is no different anymore. It is all about power now. And once you have it, it is hard to let it go.

What heard was one year from last week. I also heard (on the same show) that if Bush decides to bomb Iran without congressional approval that the congress would move towards impeachment. Which is why he would wait until his term is almost up.

I agree with you Pink. Left/Right, there is no different anymore. It is all about power now. And once you have it, it is hard to let it go.

Any relation to Michael Moore?

He may sound a bit like him, Eric, but he right - in a way.

I'm just as cynical as the next about how the Democrats are putting politics ahead of responsible representation and I'm doubtful we'll do the major things a lot differently in Iraq no matter who is elected but there IS a real difference between the liberals and conservatives, or between the Republicans and Democrats, on a whole lot of important issues.

And those jackasses in the Whitehouse are definitely crazy enough to start another war for no good reason if they think they can make money or political hay in so doing. I doubt Hilary is THAT maniacal, but you never know.

there IS a real difference between the liberals and conservatives, or between the Republicans and Democrats, on a whole lot of important issues.

I would hope so Matt……maybe on paper. But when is comes to actually voting on issues……the Dems fall short of showing a spine every time. Why is that?

No.

i don't trust that fat fuck, he's just another rush limbaugh as far as i'm concerned. i think he has his own issue like over eating for example. i wouldn't give his heart attack waiting to happen ass health care. don't you have to care about your own health first. it's a two way fucking street, and we are all getting fucked in the ass.

They have shown themselves spineless on foreign policy and many of the big issue domestic policy matters, for sure. With the voting public so divided, they are doing calculations about how to be just over 50% on everything, and that means taking few controversial stands.

But the Dems are not so much into trickle on economics as are their pals in the Republican party, the Democrats are more generally supportive of public education, they are somewhat better on a variety of environmental issues, etc. compared to their Republican counter-parts. Its too bad the Democrats can't take a play from Newt Gingrich playbook 1and see that they might benefit from having a clear platform and sticking to it, but the two parties are distinct.

No.

i don't trust that fat fuck, he's just another rush limbaugh as far as i'm concerned. i think he has his own issue like over eating for example. i wouldn't give his heart attack waiting to happen ass health care. don't you have to care about your own health first. it's a two way fucking street, and we are all getting fucked in the ass.

Would you have given Winston Churchill leadership of the British war effort in WWII? He was pretty out of shape, too.

No.

Would you have given Winston Churchill leadership of the British war effort in WWII? He was pretty out of shape, too.

plus he was an opium addict, hitler actually looked alot better on paper.

MM should get healthy before he starts bitching about public health care and i like my guns, they make me feel warm and fuzzy.