• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
KingsMM

[TR] Paulina Falls - just ice bouldering 11/26/2007

Trip: Paulina Falls - just ice bouldering

Date: 11/26/2007

Trip Report:

Checked out Paulina Falls today. There wasn't a line that I wanted to do without having a belayer. (was up there by myself) I did some fun ice bouldering on the right falls though. If it stays cold or gets colder anyone want to head up there this Friday or Saturday?

paulina_rightclose.jpg

Falls on climbers right. There was a line of ice connected top to bottom on the right but very thin/steep.

paulina_right.jpg

Right Falls

paulina_left.jpg

Right side of left falls. Trying to form. :)

Gear Notes:

ice gear

Approach Notes:

1hr drive south of Bend. 1hr hike on snowmobile road.

I'll be visiting Bend Dec. 21-27. Any new Paulina Falls beta? (Is it worth packing ice gear?)

so yea, anyone been near there and could make a guess as to what the ice is like. I want to take some newbies out for some TR and was hoping this might work for MLK weekend. Guesses? Anyone? Guesses?

yummy! That might just work. any idea what elevation the falls are at?

Wow, What a friggin time! Paulina Falls is IN! Myself and a crew of other folks went up and TRed the right falls (and the left one until it completely collapsed. (what a thing to behold) pics to follow soon...

gQIa5ouNNDk

MLK_08_254.jpgMLK_08_108.jpgPaulina_Falls_Ice_Climb_1-19-07136.JPGMLK_08_035.jpgMLK_08_030.jpgbefore.JPG

The whole curtain Fell down from underneath the second climber. Wow.

after.JPGPaulina_Falls_Ice_Climb_1-19-07224.JPG

Edited by 111

Was climbing at Paulina Falls Thursday. Everyone was a bit surprised with the warm conditions considering the sub zero temps we have been having for several days in a row. The ice quality was rather poor but climbable. A member of the other party climbing on the left side of the falls was lowered into the open creek at the base of the falls swinging out of control, and lucky he didn't get hurt.

Matt.jpg

Paulina_Falls.jpg

Paulina_Falls_2.jpg

Paulina_Falls_3.jpg

Climber_out_of_control.jpg