The trust, the trust

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, one couldn't have predicted that.....

Makes you realize self-proclaimed pundits often surround themselves with people who think just like them.

5 years down the toilet planning something that would fail for the voters. can these dumb asses widen their horizons and not waste 5 years... maybe come up with something that can actually pass? or give people faith they can actually do something right?

Good, I'm sick of the taxes. Toll the roads. Those using can pay. We pay some of the highest Gas taxes in the country and 405 has been a two lane highway for 25 years from Renton to Bellevue. 25 years and a major highway has never been expanded (except carpool). They can kiss my butt for new taxes. People running the show are idiots.

Good, I'm sick of the taxes. Toll the roads. Those using can pay. We pay some of the highest Gas taxes in the country and 405 has been a two lane highway for 25 years from Renton to Bellevue. 25 years and a major highway has never been expanded (except carpool). They can kiss my butt for new taxes. People running the show are idiots.

a toll is not a tax? WTF, dude.

and use that money for what exactly? i have no faith it will be spent on anything worthwhile - without seeing a plan.

I think every time you buy something that was transported across a bridge, you should pay a little toll. Ditto for services you consume rendered by anyone who uses a bridge.

People who do not want to pay this little toll can move to an island, where they can grow their own food, lumber, raw materials for clothing, mine/process their own building materials and fuels, and self administer their own medical and dental care. It would be a true libertarian's paradise, where people like Seahawk could enjoy the exclusive company of other like-minded, self-sufficient free thinkers.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I think every time you buy something that was transported across a bridge, you should pay a little toll. Ditto for services you consume rendered by anyone who uses a bridge.

I take it you think the cost of transportation is not factored into the pricing of consumer goods.

The only reason the light-rail passed is that the planners made the crowd-pleasing decision to link it go to the airport.

Everyone wants a ride to the airport.

Now we'll have an expensive commuter train that people will all ride 1-4 times/year.

The only reason the light-rail passed is that the planners made the crowd-pleasing decision to link it go to the airport.

Now we'll have an expensive commuter train that people will all ride 1-4 times/year.

exactly. it should have linked downtown to parts up north... shoreline, lynnwood, s. everett, everett, marysville.

I take it you think the cost of transportation is not factored into the pricing of consumer goods.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The big problem I had with the new package was the light rail to Tacoma bit....we already have commuter rail that works quite well for this corridor - what about the 405 corridor???

The bundling of roads and mass-transit doomed it. The fiscal conservatives killed it due to tax implications, and even the Sierra Club opposed it because they didn't like the auto-friendly aspects of it.

Sound Transit estimates that 3000 riders a day will use the airport link by 2020, according to the Seattle Times:

Article

It's interesting to note that one light rail line has a carrying capacity equivalent to about 12 lanes of freeway traffic (at a commonly used carrying capacity of 2400 people/hour/lane).

The tough part, of course, is to balance all parts of the regional transportation system. The one thing that makes this task much easier is to reduce the number of cars on the roads. I'd say we've just barely scratched the surface, public policy-wise, in this area. Higher gas taxes, tolls for bottlenecked areas (using automation to eliminate toll booth generated traffic jams) and more alternative transportation options and incentives are needed. Using congested roadways must simply cost users more. A lot more. Expanding roadways will only move the bottlenecks elsewhere, increase emissions, and increase the installed base of infrastructure that we increasingly can no longer maintain effectively.

I heard on the radio the other day that the bottleneck on the roads that were eased with tolls (Tacoma bridge I think is what they were talking about) has now moved to the courts. Hundreds of people are contesting tickets they say they got unfairly due to the automatic toll thingy malfunctioning.

Sound Transit estimates that 3000 riders a day will use the airport link by 2020, according to the Seattle Times:

Article

It's interesting to note that one light rail line has a carrying capacity equivalent to about 12 lanes of freeway traffic (at a commonly used carrying capacity of 2400 people/hour/lane).

Well that's quite a disparity in numbers.

12 lanes of freeway traffic 2400 people*24 hours*12 lanes = 691 thousand!!

That's a bit different than 3 thousand.

Perhaps you got your units wrong?

Article

Well that's quite a disparity in numbers.

12 lanes of freeway traffic 2400 people*24 hours*12 lanes = 691 thousand!!

That's a bit different than 3 thousand.

Perhaps you got your units wrong?

tvash.jpg