How far do we go?

noliquidity

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Point taken. The problem I see is that many diseases and syndromes have varying degrees of genetic component. And many of these diseases, even when treated as a chronic condition, lead to death.(Hell, life leads to death) There are gentic components to heart disease, diabetes, types of cancer,etc. Where do we draw the line at genetic engineering. Should we focus on diseases that are 100% caused by genetic defect? The money issue is also a slippery slope. Assuming we had the money to fund unlimited genetic trials, what would be the end result. We may end up reversing a fatal genetic disorders that would not normally have the ability to be passed to another generation. Or other unknown genetic abnormalities maybe come unmasked after initial treatment. I am not saying your right or wrong it just seems like an area that is advancing much faster than society is prepared for.

I am living proof that altering genetics can lead to a perfect specemin.

My father was 1 mile from ground zero in an open trench at the Yucca Flats atmospheric hydrogen bomb test.

Then he went home and had kids.

And they told me LSD would mess up MY genes.

Sheesh.