Republican or Democrat...

JosephH

The fight between the executive branch and congress has been back and forth since the beginning...and not a peep about LBJ from the likes of him! And how about FDR - probably the most powerful exec in American history...and a hero to these same self-described "sentinels of freedom".

This isn't news to anyone on this forum. As for our thoughts on FDR...how, exactly, can you be so sure of them? You seems to point out 'our' thoughts, as if 'we' all think the same thing, a fair amount, without ever actually asking what they are. About 90% of your posts consist of such assumptions. It's tiresome.

It's easy, Trash. I never asked anyone for their thoughts on FDR, I simply made a statement of fact. When you and others carry on endlessly, and through your narrow little window about how Bush is "the worst American president ever, blah, blah, blah" it then becomes easy to make the assumption that you see every past American president as superior. I'm not sure why that's a difficult concept for you to grasp.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously folks, read the following article and then tell me where the Democratic Party stands on this issue of constitutional liberties and the rule of law.

Harry Reid works to ensure telecom amnesty, warrantless surveillance

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid intends to ignore the "hold" placed on the FISA bill by Chris Dodd, thereby bringing the bill to the floor for a vote.

SC, apparently seahawks believes Jesus' teachings are to be followed only when it gets them somewhere. Practical, yes; Christian, well, not exactly.

LOL becuase I beleive war can be justified???? Ever read the old testiment??? Plently wars directed by God himself for his reasons.

Nice try.

So you are jewish right?

Because the New Testament kinda talks about love and other squishy stuff. Like, there was this guy who could have wiped out his tormentors with a sweep of his hand but instead he let them torture and kill him.

This is not the m.o. of a violent guy.

Republican or Democrat, it doesn't matter. Most of them have their pee-pee in the stapler of a corporate monster or two.

It's not that this is new. It isn't. It is just one of the darker times in US history with respect to the effects of money buying the passage of laws.

I keep waiting for the baby-boomers to wake up and scream "FOUL!"

Silly me.

Their 401K's are wrapped up in the monsters with the staplers.

But the Republican/Democrat thing is fun to argue.

Especially when so much of it is so well thought out and articulate.

"You stupid head."

"No You are a stupid head."

"Am not."

"Are too."

At least I don't have any obligation to put any of you in time out. But you might try it.

We need more Cieling Cat.

SC, apparently seahawks believes Jesus' teachings are to be followed only when it gets them somewhere. Practical, yes; Christian, well, not exactly.

LOL becuase I beleive war can be justified???? Ever read the old testiment??? Plently wars directed by God himself for his reasons.

Nice try.

So you are jewish right?

That's a more accurate description, probably. Primitive Man is much more at home with laws. A renewed mind only can begin to comprehend grace.

I think Clinton was marginally better, not vastly, but marginally.

You love this word!

Bush cannot even be spoken in the same sentence as Clinton…..he is one reason…..Clinton had an 80% approval rate…..Bush 20%......which means the overwhelming majority of the people liked Clinton…..that has to mean something.

You love this word!

Bush cannot even be spoken in the same sentence as Clinton…..he is one reason…..Clinton had an 80% approval rate…..Bush 20%......which means the overwhelming majority of the people liked Clinton…..that has to mean something.

It could mean good marketing. Don't task me wrong. I generally liked Clinton which is way more than I can say for any other recent president. But he was a marketing genius. His interactions with China were irresponsible imo. We should not have sold them big blue. It was after that that a major hacking war errupted. It was ultimately nullified by better security but it cost us a lot. There are other reasons too.

Whitewater is very suspicious to me.etc.

Nobody who wants the job should be allowed to have it.

It could mean good marketing. Don't task me wrong. I generally liked Clinton which is way more than I can say for any other recent president. But he was a marketing genius. His interactions with China were irresponsible imo. We should not have sold them big blue. It was after that that a major hacking war errupted. It was ultimately nullified by better security but it cost us a lot. There are other reasons too.

Whitewater is very suspicious to me.etc.

nice.....

Nobody who wants the job should be allowed to have it.

so far....this is the quote of the day....

You love this word!

Bush had an approval rating of 90% at one point.

And Truman, who was a FAR better president than Bush, at one point dropped as low as 22%.

90% yes.

Then it became clear that he had his intell fabricated.

Then he exposed a CIA operative and endangered many others in the process.

Then he said he would fire anyone who was found responsible.

Then he backed Scooter 100% and commuted his sentence.

Bush committed treason.

Firing a CIA operative is OK.

Setting them up for death and setting up their former contacts over a 20 year period endangers the lives of every contact she had.

20% seems high.

Good marketing.