Clinton....

underworld

....supports war for oil! OMG!

linky

but the clincher:

She disputed critics who said her recent Senate vote to label Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps a terrorist organization presaged supporting war. Instead, she said, the vote is consistent with her negotiating strategy.

"They are supporting sending weapons into Iraq right now that are used against our troops," she said. The resolution gives an opening to future penalties and "leverage when we negotiate with them."

in other words:

we'll have better luck negotiating with them if we first label them as bad guys.

KOOOKOOO!!! :crosseye:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

....supports war for oil! OMG!

linky

but the clincher:

She disputed critics who said her recent Senate vote to label Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps a terrorist organization presaged supporting war. Instead, she said, the vote is consistent with her negotiating strategy.

"They are supporting sending weapons into Iraq right now that are used against our troops," she said. The resolution gives an opening to future penalties and "leverage when we negotiate with them."

in other words:

we'll have better luck negotiating with them if we first label them as bad guys.

KOOOKOOO!!! :crosseye:

axis ... of ... evil

redux

guys, it's different

political realities, and foreign threats are a reality, irrespective of the party in power.

unfortunately, the myopic Bush-haters are incapable of acknowledging those facts, preferring instead simplistic attacks and slogans.

Well, the first part seems true enough but Bush seems to be in the Whitehouse for now. Kinda puts him in the spotlight. I mean, if you compare lying to Congress and the entire country about wmd's to lying about getting a blow job, the whole political pendulum does seem to swing in favor of the Republicans over the last couple decades. So I don't feel sorry for Bush. Or as Dick Cheney said, "Go fuck yourself." Just quoting the guy. What would the religious right have said if Al Gore had acted like that when he was VP?

guys, it's different

political realities, and foreign threats are a reality, irrespective of the party in power.

unfortunately, the myopic Bush-haters are incapable of acknowledging those facts, preferring instead simplistic attacks and slogans.

Well, the first part seems true enough but Bush seems to be in the Whitehouse for now. Kinda puts him in the spotlight. I mean, if you compare lying to Congress and the entire country about wmd's to lying about getting a blow job, the whole political pendulum does seem to swing in favor of the Republicans over the last couple decades. So I don't feel sorry for Bush. Or as Dick Cheney said, "Go fuck yourself." Just quoting the guy. What would the religious right have said if Al Gore had acted like that when he was VP?

simplistic attacks and slogans.

thanks for proving my point :wave:

guys, it's different

Exactly. I wish you conservative PUNKS would get out of the mindset that everything is black and white. There is no such thing as an absolute, just gray matter.

get the libbies to say that about:

- "bush lied"

- global warming

Get them to say it about Bush period. All we hear about is how is the worstest president ever, Iraq is the biggest failure ever, etc. etc. etc. The hyperbole is ridiculous. Every issue related to Bush is stated in the most stark black-and-white, extremist terms with no moderation in the rhetoric whatsoever.

Yes it is a little funny. I often joke about all sorts of insane stuff being Bush's fault, like global warming, the vietnam war or that goddamn traffic light that has been red for the last five minutes.

First of all it's surprising how many people actually "agree" with me, and the other good percentage of people who think I'm serious.

Yes KkkKk, there are a lot of people out there who are mired in extreme rhetoric. But this is not unique to a certain political persuasion or this time in history. There have always been people of extreme beliefs and there always will. And there will always be those who find it a bit too tiring to get too nuanced. Often the extreme rhetoric gets across the desired tone, and it's considered close enough.

You do strike me as not very self-contemplative when you place yourself above others with your frequent rants about others using the mindless rhetoric of their persuasion.

But perhaps the frequent mindless political one-liners you contribute are all jokes? Which brings my post back full circle.

guys, it's different

Exactly. I wish you conservative PUNKS would get out of the mindset that everything is black and white. There is no such thing as an absolute, just gray matter.

get the libbies to say that about:

- "bush lied"

- global warming

Get them to say it about Bush period. All we hear about is how is the worstest president ever, Iraq is the biggest failure ever, etc. etc. etc. The hyperbole is ridiculous. Every issue related to Bush is stated in the most stark black-and-white, extremist terms with no moderation in the rhetoric whatsoever.

But the same kind of stuff was coming out of the conservative camps when Clinton was president. Except then, the lies were about a blow job. The republican congress deemed it a good use of taxpayer dollars to go through impeachment proceedings so they could say "Clinton lied". Now we are talking about global issues and we are not supposed to call it as we see it? That does not make any sense. Read up on Jefferson and his treatise on democracy. He said something to the effect of; "Democracy will fail when citizens stop questioning their leaders."

Bush is the worst president ever, and Iraq is a huge failure……whats not to get?

Your rhetoric is getting tiresome…..

Yes it is a little funny. I often joke about all sorts of insane stuff being Bush's fault, like global warming, the vietnam war or that goddamn traffic light that has been red for the last five minutes.

In August I was on a climb of Eldorado, and one of our team members was commenting on how melted back the glacier looked and stated with extreme derision in his voice "it's all Bush's fault". Umm, yeah.

You do strike me as not very self-contemplative when you place yourself above others with your frequent rants about others using the mindless rhetoric of their persuasion. But perhaps you are joking? Which brings my post back full circle.

I call my "rants" tit-for-tat. I hate extreme, blind positions with no qualifications.

Bush is not evil, and he's nothing special either. And I never really liked the guy. He's a mediocre president with legacy that will be quite mixed. So was Bubba, though I think he will rate slightly better over time. Bush 41 was pretty mediocre too. As were Carter and Ford. We seemed to be mired in mediocrity these days.

I can assure you I don't view Hilary was evil incarnate or a looming disaster in the making, and she's got a shot to be president. The difference between her and Bush in reality will be very marginal, nothing nearing the difference you would expect based on the extremist Bush-hating rhetoric. And if she wins, I will be rooting FOR her and America to do well, unlike what the left-wing Bush haters do as they gleefully cheer on bad news from Iraq or in our domestic economy.

You don't think Bush's support of torturing prisoners of war is evil?

I think this has set us back a long way. I think it will end up (already has) hurting our nation. And if torturing is not evil (I think it is) it is, at best, messing with something very dangerous.

Perhaps it is the evolution of warfare, the next slip down an ugly path. Maybe history will consider Bush to be an innovator, a la our revolutionary solders and their adoption of guerilla warfare tactics. But it will still be a step closer to evil in my mind.