North Face of Hood

pdk

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck the mud with the Sentra was a fun descent. Hey, did there used to be a shorter way up there than the 12 miles of dirt? My GPS always wants to turn up the gated 'do not enter, wrong way' road (I guess it is) at the ski area? It shows it several miles shorter that way before I pass it by. I had never been up the road before this summer.

was one of the first up there today. Got to about 3 miles from cloud cap. Stopped there due to worries of getting stuck (high centered). Some other crazy fools went futher up the road and beat in a good track so I think you should be able to make it to the Y for cloud cap and Tilly Jane. Next round or gate closing will finish off the road soon. Really nice day out there today. North Face is filling in and cooper looks to be ready.

As of this past weekend, none of the north face routes are in, including the eliot headwall. We need more precip up there first. I didn't take a camera with, so I have no photos, but there are a few significant sections of rock on each gully and very little of anything on the headwall.