The bike-truck accident

ashw_justin

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I'm a pedestrian I usually don't want the cars to stop. I wait at the corner and let the car pass, then I go across. It's much easier for a pedestrian to stop and wait 2 seconds than it is for a car to stop and wait 15, then get back up to speed.

If it's a big line of cars and the ped would be waiting forever if someone didn't stop, that's when you should stop for the peds.

What really pisses me off are the peds you stop for, then they take their goddamned time walking painfully slow. Some even seem to be trying to walk slow, to emphasize their power or something :anger: Talk about courtesy, or lack of it. Sheesh.

When I'm a pedestrian I usually don't want the cars to stop. I wait at the corner and let the car pass, then I go across. It's much easier for a pedestrian to stop and wait 2 seconds than it is for a car to stop and wait 15.

If it's a big line of cars and the ped would be waiting forever if someone didn't stop, that's when you should stop for the peds.

What really pisses me off are the peds you stop for, then they take their goddamned time walking painfully slow. Some even seem to be trying to walk slow, to emphasize their power or something :anger: Talk about courtesy, or lack of it. Sheesh.

i'll believe peds have the right of way at a marked crosswalk

Yep, and they can walk as slow as they damn well please. Doesn't mean it's courteous though.

"In 1990, a stronger Washington State crosswalk law changed motorists' obligation to pedestrians who are attempting to cross at legal crosswalk sites. Previously, the law required motorists to yield to pedestrians. The new law requires motorists to stop for pedestrians attempting to cross at a crosswalk. "

so if you see a ped at a cross walk and don't stop you are not only an asshole but breaking the law. :provoke:

I understand it's against the law, just don't think it totally assholish in most situations.

You're probably one of those peds who likes to walk real slow in front of a line of waiting cars, just to piss them off.:battlecage:

and by the way, I think many drivers do NOT know it's against the law, and I think that should be on driver's exams (along with a few other questions) with a "sudden death" weight - you get it wrong, you fail automatically. sorry.

When I'm a pedestrian I usually don't want the cars to stop. I wait at the corner and let the car pass, then I go across.

Let's review.

I drive up to a crosswalk and you're standing at the curb.

I slow down and you're standing at the curb.

I stop and you're standing at the curb.

You have the legal right-of-way and you're standing at the curb.

Would you f*cking cross the street already?

Geez.

Yep, and they can walk as slow as they damn well please. Doesn't mean it's courteous though.

"In 1990, a stronger Washington State crosswalk law changed motorists' obligation to pedestrians who are attempting to cross at legal crosswalk sites. Previously, the law required motorists to yield to pedestrians. The new law requires motorists to stop for pedestrians attempting to cross at a crosswalk. "

so if you see a ped at a cross walk and don't stop you are not only an asshole but breaking the law. :provoke:

If, however, the ped is a murdering scum terrorist, you may torture them while stopped.

When I'm a pedestrian I usually don't want the cars to stop. I wait at the corner and let the car pass, then I go across.

Let's review.

I drive up to a crosswalk and you're standing at the curb.

I slow down and you're standing at the curb.

I stop and you're standing at the curb.

You have the legal right-of-way and you're standing at the curb.

Would you f*cking cross the street already?

Geez.

But I was just standing there selling drugs.

But seriously folks, yes I hop to it if the person slows down, but if they cruise on by and I have to wait 3 seconds or so, I don't begrudge them, or even inwardly curse said driver.

I do too. Courtesy costs nothing.

The hell it doesn't!!!

It costs 15-20 seconds of my life I'll NEVER get back, along with a nickel or two for the extra gas and brake pads used.

If you had a Prius, then the braking energy would have been stored and reused upon acceleration.

And you could have been smug about it.

:laf: Doubly smug! That might just be worth 1/3 minute every now and then.

Anybody wanna discuss red light running? I am totally against it, and never run red lights. Even when it's just a little red.

except when I'm a pedestrian or riding a bike banana.gif

yesterday, riding across the I-90 bridge at 7:45 in the rain, I "encountered" a cyclist heading West-bound with no lighting whatsoever. WTF??? Then, as I ascended the incline into Mercer Island, a dude approached me on a moped... what part of "motorized vehicles prohibited" do you not understand? at least HE had a light...