REI Down Sleeping Bags

Valid ASB

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a +20 bag from REI, got it on sale and the only complaint I have is it is too narrow. Mind you I'm not a giant of a person; 5-foot-10, 165 lbs. and I feel like I am in plastic wrap sometimes in it. I looked at the larger size, but it's dimensions were 6 inches longer (not needed) and only 1 inch wider!!

loose some weight :grin:

LOL. At 5.10 and 165, he could afford a maple bar or two.

I have the Subkilo 0 degree bag and I think it's comfy enough. It is a well designed bag and not too heavy. I'm 5.8 and 160 and while I prefer more wiggle room, it works...unlike those super-thin (at least mine is anyway) Sierra Design bags.

If you can afford it though, the Montbell stretch bags are really comfy, light and compact. You can bend one leg without having to bend both. No need to sleep with an "emergency escape knife."

loose some weight :grin:

LOL. At 5.10 and 165, he could afford a maple bar or two.

I have the Subkilo 0 degree bag and I think it's comfy enough. It is a well designed bag and not too heavy. I'm 5.8 and 160 and while I prefer more wiggle room, it works...unlike those super-thin (at least mine is anyway) Sierra Design bags.

If you can afford it though, the Montbell stretch bags are really comfy, light and compact. You can bend one leg without having to bend both. No need to sleep with an "emergency escape knife."

second the Montbell stretch vote.....I have a summer synthetic and the stretch makes a huge difference in comfort.

No need to sleep with an "emergency escape knife."

OMG, I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one that does this.

I had an REI down bag a few years ago, don't remember the model. The only thing I hated about it was the shell was completely non water-resistant. In fact, it seemed to attract water.