Ramutas Shoe Repair

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Matt Anderson:

Absolutely the best place I have found for shoe repair (rock and otherwise). The owner's son is a climber, the whole family is super nice, happy to speed things along when you need something sooner than usual. Fantastic attention to detail. They deserve all the business we can throw at them!

Matt

Hell yes. I've had them re-sole various shoes 5-6 times and have been very pleased with the results. Much better than Dave Page for rock shoes, IMHO. You can also drop your shoes off at Vertical World- Ramuta does all the re-soling for them.

I had rock shoes resoled there, worked out great.

I have this pair of aggressively sized (small, I mean) mountaineering boots that are just awesome for climbing but can be quite painful when descending on trail. People keep telling me to take them to the bootfitter. What the hell does that mean? What does the bootfitter actually do? Anybody know?

I took the boots to Ramutas and the lady there said sure, we'll stretch out the toebox, it'll be $7.50 and come back Wednesday.

I was a bit surprised... I mean, shouldn't they want to know something about the shape of my foot? [Wazzup] I wasn't too thrilled with the visit and I took the boots back home with me... Maybe I'll also check with Dave Page.

[ 08-16-2002, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: fleblebleb ]