Cap Sante Point project

Tony_Bentley

Hey,

I just visited it yesterday and checked out the routes that were in the old book. Thanks Peter Puget for passing that book off. I am going to start scrubbing it and will likely add a couple of bolts where there is no pro. Anyone care to be a part of it?

Directions:

Head to Anacortes

Turn down Commercial

Turn Right on 4th

Follow it to the top of Cap Sant Point

Head down to the right for a couple of the steep crags and down to the left for the other steep crags. There are rusted rods that will be great toprope and rappel anchors.

Both crags are about 75' with a couple of overhangs and aretes that look to be at least 5.9

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so ya know, stainless probably won't last 20 years on sea cliffs. I suppose you could get a few good years out of em, but it's not certain.

Talk to Sam Lightner about corrosion issues, or the Petzl rep. Worst case scenario (Thailand, different rock - way worse corrosion issues) stainless bolts and hangers can break under working loads after a couple months. Pretty freaky. Just something to think about when investing in a route next to salt water.