3.5 Camalot-- super or superfluous?

Matt

Lately I've been climbing with a lot of partners who have the 3.5 Black Diamond Camalot on their rack. I used to think it was just an addition to the BD line-up to get people like me who already have the #3 and #4 to buy something new-- new sizes equal better sales. I thought since my 3 and 4 overlap, why bother getting a 3.5?

Now I'm starting to think this is the perfect size to carry. For example, last Friday I climbed Them at the Wall of 10,000 Insects at Index. The 3.5 was perfect. Same goes for the first pitch of Japanese Gardens. Same goes for Battered Sandwich-- a friendly offwidth in Private Idaho at Index. I hear [Roll Eyes] on the Nose on El Cap the 3.5 and the 4.5 protect what would be tipped out #3 and #4 offwidths.

What do you all think? Is the 3.5 super or superfluous?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Caveman--

I have climbed Jap Gardens w/o a 3.5-- it is certainly not necessary. I would also recommend a newby building a rack to get the 3 and 4 before they got the 3.5. What I'm asking is, is it worth the weight and expense?